Fish House build….Starting up

• bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

Ok, So I am finally gonna bite the bullet and invest in a nice fish house frame to build my own custom fish house, I have the means and knowledge to get this done, I just want to hear some peoples thoughts on a quality frame. My 2 options at this time are 8 x 16 + V-nose crank up, 8×16 + V-nose Hydraulic. I want to hear some brands that you guys have used and liked. Thanks

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I truely beleve in limiting points of failure, espicially or ice fishing when fixng prolems in the cold and dak is the worst. All I have to say is there are more point of fail in a hyd system. Pumps, batteries, hoses, cylinders.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I agree with Mark, hydraulic fluid needs to be warm in order to get it to flow with the right viscosity. I don’t think it would work well on a permanent shack, IMHO.

Keith Fischer

Quote:

I agree with Mark, hydraulic fluid needs to be warm in order to get it to flow with right viscosity. I don’t think it would work well on a permanent shack, IMHO.

From what I understand automatic transmission fluid is used
    instead of hydraulic fluid, much thinner for use in cold.
    Fish House supply and King Crow have some nice frames.

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

If you have the cash to do the hydraulic system, go for it. I have never heard or seen problems with them and they will work in even the coldest weather.
    That said cranking a house is not all that bad either.

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

If you go with hand cranks Please use large enough one to handle the shack and invest in the style that has a internal braking In case handle slips out of your hand. The one I had did not have this feature, and I broke my arm in 5 places

TJ
    Hammond, WI

My buddy has a 16′ + v-nose with the crank down and I cant imagine hydraulic is worth it. I’ve never used one however. Cranks take about 3-5 minutes to move…even shorter when nasty out. I would take the extra money saved and spend it on the inside…just my thoughts. post pics of the build!!!

ekruger01

I really like the looks of those roaddogoutdoors frames….wonder what kind of price tag they come with?

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

Has anyone on here built their own frame? FOr 4500-5000 for a frame, I k now for a fact that I could build one for cheaper….Any pic of home made frames? Thanks

Keith Fischer

Quote:

Has anyone on here built their own frame? FOr 4500-5000 for a frame, I k now for a fact that I could build one for cheaper….Any pic of home made frames? Thanks

Try mnsportsmans.com for fish house trailer plans.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Hope these can help you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.