where would you be

• xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

ok heres the scoop….we plan on going up to northern wisconsin to do some icefishing…..and we plan on doing some afternoon walleyes…the lake we will be fishing is mostly 7ft but with some small holes from 10 to 14 ftdeep. At one end is a small river that dumpes in to the lake and at the other end it goes out….so for you walleye guys where would you be if you where a walleye…..oh and one more thing its full of weeds…..thanks

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I would be in a boat on that small river

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’m assuming you know that there are walleyes in this lake. I fished a small lake with an inlet and outlet like this in Canada a few weeks ago. We had no map chips or prior knowledge of the lake. After fishing 2 nights and drilling a ton of holes, we had our best action in two distinct areas. The first was a steep break near a small bay. The bay was 5-7 feet in most areas and the break went sharply to 17 feet. My best 2 holes were in 12 and 14 feet. The other productive spot after it got dark was a shallow bar connecting the 2 main portions of the lake. It was 7 feet deep and weedy, but the fish were actively feeding after the sun went down. We really had to drill a ton of holes and actively hole hop as these fish were constantly moving. Good luck!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

as close as I can get to the in-flowing river and the closest deep break…

Mark

jon johansen
    menomonie wi

Quote:

as close as I can get to the in-flowing river and the closest deep break…

Mark

X2 in my eyes small lakes this time of year need oxygen IF the weeds have died off already.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.