Who’s got the best ice auger?

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The best auger rides in the best truck and everybody know which one that is.

desperado

The one that attracts the best babes ?

DRH1175

I am in the same boat. I have a jiffy 30. I can’t knock it as it has drilled my holes for 20 years. It is tough but at 40lbs I am ready for a new one. My back hurts everytime I use it. I have had the Carb fixed atleast 4 times over the years and just did it again this fall. It now is leaking gas out of carb and it will only run for me as it is very tempermental. I am in the market for a new auger. I am leaning towards the strike lite because it is light, quiet, and sips gas not to mention no mixing. Frankly I don’t know who makes the best starting auger. But the lightest will be either nils or strike lite. I am leaning strike lite over nils because If I need parts I am only 45 minutes from Big Lake.

desperado

OKAY

I have the absolute answer !!!

The best auger is the one which your buddy likes so much that he drills all the holes for both of ya.

ntw
    Eastern MT

I have had problems with plastic parts on my 6 year old Mag 2000.

Why do the manufacturers use plastic parts on equipment like ice augers? I would rather pay more for quality parts!

fishon111
    Winnipeg,Mb

I do like the looks of the new Strikemasters, but in 17 years all I have had to do to my Jiffy 10″ is replace the pull cord this year. Run top end gas with Jiffy mixture only, and run her dry at end of season. Starts second or third pull even in extreme cold. It is heavy though.

onepine
    Elk River

+1 on the Strikemaster magnum 11 I got mine at a pawn shop for $75.00 15 years ago put in a carb kit new blades and a couple fuel lines and has been running like a champ since. 3 pulls full choke 1 pull 1/2 choke and your drilling. Love the chipper blades never go dull even without a cover. I actually bought an 8″ Nils hand auger last year thinking I would replace the Mag 11 but ended up selling the Nils and keeping the Mag 11.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.