Eskimo Quick Flip 2

• Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

A buddy of mine is looking at buying an Eskimo Quick Flip 2 and asked me to dig up some info on it…so what better place to ask for info then my fellow IDO’ers! Does anyone have any experience with this shack? Pros/cons? The one thing i notice is that it isn’t particularly wide, is this an issue? Over all quality? I think he is looking at picking it up for $300 new, any other suggestions for other 2 man flip over portables in that price range (+/- $50). Any info would be helpful, thanks guys.

HowieT
    Eden Prairie,MN

I use one. I bought it new 4 years ago. Very easy to use. I have had no issues. It fits inside of my 4Runner very easily.
    I wanted a portable that could fit inside the vehicle. It is great for one guy, good for two, and too small for 3 unless 2 of them are little kids. Easy to heat. Most days I can heat it with a lantern. Really cold days I use a buddy heater on low. I have the bench seat, which I modified with a thin piece of aluminum so the seat cushion does not fall between the supports.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Same here, if you get the bench, put something on so the cushion doesn’t fall through. Good shack for the money.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Have one now for 2 years. I like it. For the money I think it’s a good choice.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

I just found an otter/w hyfax and tow bar for $200.00. Craigslist in Green Bay????

mduffy1969

Just bought one before Christmas. So far so good. I usually fish by myself in the flip shack but I am a wider load than most (workin on that!). Got mine at Fleet Farm on sale for $264.99! Great outfit for those dollars in my opinion.

John Luebker

I have had eskimos for 5 years, picked up the QF2 two years ago and it has been a great shack. I didn’t screw on the “boarder” that wraps the bottom of the canvas so I take mine off each winter. FYI that pieces stays on without the screws so i might suggest he do the same, helps prevent mice and other problems.

dinkgofish
    Neenah, WI

I have fished in my friend’s Eskimo in the past it worked just fine and he has had that shack for some time. He ended up putting a new tub/sled on last season, so I would put some runners on the bottom. I also have a friend w/a 2 man Otter, another w/a 2 man Frabill and I fish out of a 2 man Trap. I fished out of them all and think your buddy would be happy w/the Eskimo.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I fish out of one and have no problems with th fishability of it. The only con it has is weight. But, every comparable shack is the same or heavier. For the money it has held up well for me and do not regret buying it.

jaymon
    waldo, WI

Dinkgofish you have fished out of mine. Thats my shack in your picture

jaymon
    waldo, WI

I’ve had my quickflip II for years. The only problem is the seat likes to fall between the aluminum angles which is easly fixed by putting a few aluminum cross supports under th seat. Now days I don’t think there is a bad shack on the market. It comes down to personal preference.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

The only thing I don’t like about it is my power auger is a little too long to lay flat. The two seats and console take up a lot of storage space in the sled. Otherwise I think it’s a nice shack to fish out of. The price is also attractive.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.