Aqua-Vu Micro camera reviews?

• WALLEYE444

Briank,

I only have the Micro so me sending that to you does not help you too much. LOL. Hey what camera were you using? I seriouly am looking at a full size camera. I want to see the Aqua Vu 760cz against your best camera. Thanks.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

All I’m asking folks that are in the market for a camera to do is to compare them side by side in the store. They should be able to make up their own minds shouldn’t they?

As I’ve said before, there’s no arguing that it’s easy to carry around.

I’ll have both the Micro (1/2 ton) and the VS-825sd (1 ton) at the G2G on the St Croix on Saturday for anyone that would like to see them, side by side in the sun light.

Talk is cheap.

I have yet to find (and I’ve looked), one photo of fish that hasn’t been photoshoped on the screen outdoors.

Let me know when you guys have something to look at.

WALLEYE444

Quote:

Quote:

All I’m asking folks that are in the market for a camera to do is to compare them side by side in the store. They should be able to make up their own minds shouldn’t they?

I’ll have both the Micro (1/2 ton) and the VS-825sd (1 ton) at the G2G on the St Croix on Saturday for anyone that would like to see them, side by side in the sun light.

Talk is cheap. Let me know when you guys have something to look at.

So that is your 825 then? okay. If you ever can get your hands on a Aqua Vu 760cz or FS1000 Vexilar camera please do a write up on both. Thanks I appreciate it.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Quote:

Quote:

Talk is cheap. Let me know when you guys have something to look at.

]

This thread is like a high school drop out smoking dope! Going nowhere! LOL

sandmannd

Is anyone using these to fish with or just for checking holes? I was thinking of getting one, I think it would be nice to have something small for tourney fishing but I’d like to be able to fish with it as well and not have to haul around a big camera.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Is anyone using these to fish with or just for checking holes? I was thinking of getting one, I think it would be nice to have something small for tourney fishing but I’d like to be able to fish with it as well and not have to haul around a big camera.

Seriously, don’t waste your money on a micro. Not saying to get the biggest and best Marcum camera but the 380 BW marcum is a way better camera than the Micro. And yes I have used the micro first hand and could get a Micro to use at my request but I’m not wasting my time

WALLEYE444

Quote:

I use mine all the time. I love it. I did add the pro-snake for when I am on the fish. Then I added the mod3 pod for turning it. I am set up for portable fishing or when I am on the fish in my house. It is a great camera. It is not a full size camera & really should not be compared with a full size camera.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

I just got off the phone with AquaVu, they told me they are working on a version with video out.

Can anybody give me a close up pic of the video jack from their camera cable?

Anybody live near Lino that has one of these Micros that I could see in action?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

If you really wanted a camera with a video out option, wouldn’t you take the next step and get something worth taking video with? Just a thought.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Anything worth seeing with your own eyes is worth recording.

I believe that if I own a micro and like using it, I also may want to record the video I see.

I get your guy’s point that the video isn’t as good as a full size Marcum but…

…full size Marcum or Aqua Vu or whatever, the size/weight of the unit as a whole prevents ME from using them a lot.

Whatever you have to say about the Micro, I think it’s a great idea and the only one of it’s sort. It’s pretty obvious I’m not the only one.

Marcum can now see that there’s a market for the like and go and make the mother of all small underwater viewing systems and I hope they do.

And when they do, integrate a DVR into it, give it video out, make it better in sunlight and make a tiny camera give better video.

Do that for $300-$400 and I’ll be buying me a new Marcum VS100 or whatever they will call it.

turkeynate
    Iowa

How about they create an app for my iphone so I can use the micro camera? That screen is 100% better and sunlight readable, compared to the micro screen. Plus you could record right on the iphone…

I took my micro back for the fact I couldn’t see it in the sunlight. I had to tuck it in my coat while checking holes. I’d buy the camera part as long as I could use my iphone… I know it can be done… just a matter of time!

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Is there a video in on the iPhone?

You can buy the camera alone for $60, I know the other cameras you can wire up to work with any tv. Most are 4pin, Pos, Negative, video out and light control. The micro probably has three connections, Pos, Negative, and video out but I’m waiting for someone to give me a close up shot of the jack to figure it out.

gman58
    stillwater

Well I just sprung for a new micro. My spots where I fish are starting to slow down and it’s time to start the hunt ! I figure what better way than with this little jewel. I’m going to check some weed beds, drop off’s and more importantly the 15 brush piles I have gps’d to see all my jigs and teardrops hanging off them, should look pretty ornamental! I’m on a flowage in nw wisc. so it’s a little dark and kind off rusty colored, but the max depth is only about 15 ft. Hopefully this thing works like the unit it was meant to be. I don’t plan on sitting and watching it for 8 hrs. don’t think that’s how it was meant to use. Hopefully this is the ticket. I’ll let you know next week what I think of it

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.