Marcum LX5

• roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

I have to give a big shout out to Marcum customer service!

Last night I was double checking all equipment for our Leech Lake trip this week and the transducer on my LX5 was stuck inside the plastic molding. Make a long story short, after a few cuss words and some twisting and grunting I was able to get the transducer out of the holder, but I damaged it.
    I called Marcum customer service this morning and they told me they had a bad batch of locators where the adhesive in the carrying case actually seizes to the transducer, almost like it was glued right into the holder. After a short conversation and a ship to address, they told me there would be a new transducer in the mail today at no charge.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

MarCum’s CS is second to none!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good luck Roger, I wish I could go with!

ses
    Mississippi River

Roger, did they give you any options on how to avoid this problem being that it is the adhesive? That is besides never putting it in the transducer holder. Thanks!

roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

Quote:

Good luck Roger, I wish I could go with!

Kooty, if things work out the way I hope, we’ll be making another trip up there after Christmas!

roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

Quote:

Roger, did they give you any options on how to avoid this problem being that it is the adhesive? That is besides never putting it in the transducer holder. Thanks!

SES —

They said to use an old sock as a sleeve for the transducer or cut a piece of cloth to fit the holder and leave in there. This will make a barrier between the face of the transducer and the adhesive.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

I’ve see a lot of CS posts for Marcum over the years…

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Since it happened to me I have put a piece of non-stick aluminum foil in the molding.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Quote:

I’ve see a lot of CS posts for Marcum over the years…

Simple arithmetics….

HANDLINE 2
    Waterloo, Iowa

This happened to me Sat. morning on my first ice fishing trip. The transducer was cradled in the holder since I last used it last March. It took everything I had sitting in my tent to pry it loose. And it had to be peeled out of there and had a layer of foam covering half of the face of the tranducer. Thank goodness it still worked. I used carburator cleaner on it by spraying it on a rag first and them rubbing it and got it all off with effort. RH

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

Just got a new LX-5, has this problem been fixed on the new ones? You would think Marcum would have done something by now?

capn’crappie
    Wisconsin

I just had my LX5 delivered today! Pretty excited to say the least. I am going to take the precautionary steps and use my daughter’s 6-12 month sock to put over the transducer when i am storing it between outings. Hopefully though the problem has been solved for these new units.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.