Mille Lacs Ice House Rental w/TV

• bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

A group of buddies and I are planning on heading up to Mille Lacs this Jan. 6-10 people and some diehard Packer fans therefore we will need to be able to have a TV that will have the game on it. I noticed that Hunter Winfield’s all have Direct TV but don’t think 10 guys can fit in any of there shacks. Any recommendations? More like a weekend to get away and fish and relax in a cabin on the lake and watch the games and have a chance at an eye or two. Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Zoomzoom1818

There are plenty of options out there, just depends on how much you want to spend. The first question is: do you have to watch the game in the fish house? If not, you can rent any shack that doesn’t have a TV and head to the local bar and watch the game, either in Isle, Garrison, etc. But, if you want to be able to fish and watch the game, you’ll have to spend a bit more, especially because you’ll be paying weekend rates. Look to places life Fishermen’s Wharf Ice Cabins or Appeldoorn’s 22 Hole cabin. All of these are a little spending with a few people but become much more affordable the more you have. If you’re only heading up with 6 people I would suggest a skid house through Appeldoorn’s. You could get a 6 man-8hole premier house that comes with a TV and generator to run it. Check with them first though to make sure they actually get service out there. You mentioned Hunter Winfield’s and yes, they have DirectTV to every wheelhouse. However, the small ice castle houses are much longer than they are wide you you guys might be tripping over each other a bit. Those houses are best for 3-4 guys.

So, the moral of the story is: the cheapest is obviously go to the bar and, being Packers fans I assume all of your group enjoys plenty of beer. But, if you want to fish too, get a set number of guys that are going and look for larger skid houses that are large enough for all of your guys and that have a generator provided to run a TV.

Hope this helps.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Thanks for the information. I have called a couple of the places you mentioned they indicated that there tv’s are set-up with DVD players and do not get tv reception. So the next question and I am sure it depends on where and what part of the lake we decide to go is will we get reception if we brought a converter box and/or antenna? Guessing the game will be on fox. you are correct we really want to be on the lake watching the game rather than the bar. I usually go to the ice fishing show in the cities and this year did not make it. Seems like there are always several different groups of ice house rental people that offer services to Mille Lacs and what not. With 6-8 guys splitting up even a $1K weekend special deal we could be game for that. I will have to keep searching unless you or anybody else has any input with tv signal on the lake with an antenna or converter box thing.

Thanks for your response!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’ve stayed in the Hunter Winfield shacks in the past and they are very nice but not big enough for 10 guys. One option would be to rent 2 of their shacks that are close together. When we rented from them, they had several that were within walking distance of each other.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I am sure it depends on where and what part of the lake we decide to go is will we get reception if we brought a converter box and/or antenna? Guessing the game will be on fox.

I only get the ABC affiliate with a good signal. Fox is hit of miss just to get a fuzzy screen. The rest are pbs channels.

I’m on the east side. 100 foot from shore. Two miles south of Malmo.

-J.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Do you use a converter box or regular tv antenna? (old school)

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Do you use a converter box or regular tv antenna? (old school)

Both. Converter and new TV with digital reciever. Both hooked into a standard RV roof antenna.

-J.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.