Pre-first ice order?

• Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Tonight I have been watching some old ice fishing videos and got to thinking what my first CJ&S order for the up coming ice season was going to consist of. I know that I need to get some bigger gill pills, 8s or 10s. And then some lightning spoons. I haven’t decided on the 1/8th or 1/4 oz but am leaning towards the 1/4 oz size. Then finally it seems last spring I heard something about the Rose Creek Polar Boxes having a box for spoons, I didn’t see anything about it on the CJ&S web site. But a quick little search and I found it. Has anyone used one yet? I have a Plano 3100 (I think) that I took the dividers out of with other modifications that works fairly well but some times I still get a little mess in it.

IceJohn

I have 2 of them and love them.No more chip paint or tango hooks.ICEJOHN

ekruger01

Quote:

Then finally it seems last spring I heard something about the Rose Creek Polar Boxes having a box for spoons, I didn’t see anything about it on the CJ&S web site. But a quick little search and I found it. Has anyone used one yet? I have a Plano 3100 (I think) that I took the dividers out of with other modifications that works fairly well but some times I still get a little mess in it.

I have three and love them! these things are the only ones like them on the market! Great products from a great company!

Also if you like to carry spoons and jigs around in a go to box check out the Hybrid box, It has the taper lock clips for jigs on one side and the spoon holders on the other..

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Absolutely, these things are the ticket for spoon storage. I have not seen a better solution out there for storing spoons and keeping them looking good, as well as organized.

For a few years, I carried all I owned with me. Now, I’ve got a few of the Polar Creek spoon boxes, and I simply add/remove what I need for major trips, and keep a good supply of the standards in there most times. When it comes to storing spoons, I learned that by putting a pile in each compartment of a Plano style box, then carrying them with me at all times on the ice, I was simply encouraging them to look like junk. Chipped/faded paint, tangled hooks. Issues.

Here’s a few pictures on how they work, but the main two components that are unique are the rubberized velcro-like “grabbers” which secure the treble hook in two places, then the folding plastic padded bar that keeps them from shaking all about. What I also like is that they lay them out nicely for you, color-side up if you put it away that way, and you can always see what you need and if it’s there without digging everything out and shaking hooks free.

Joel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.