How is the ice coming?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Does this answer the question. frown

Attachments:
    1. image10.png

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Yeah a whole lot of nothing so far. It will hopefully happen this year but im not so sure if it will.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Well, anyone chasing lakers with a boat this time of year?

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

There is enough ice to not let you get a boat in. A great way to fish this time of the year if you can is to find a tributary and shore fish for steelhead sometimes you cant do to ice but if you can you can hammer fish.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Or if you have a 12-14′ boat you could always carry it in…

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

There is now ice on the lake. saw it for myself today off of 21st as far as i could see. Probably not very thick but maybe someday this year we will be able to fish it.

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

It is there because of the wind. If that wind switches on you you are on your way to michigan. There are also a lot of big holes in the ice. I would not recommend it. I would rather not have any ice this year it is messing up the stealhead deal.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

At this point, I’m sort of hoping for a calm, early spring and skip the ice this season. Open water season can’t get here soon enough for me.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’m thinking a weekend trip in a couple weeks to cast the river mouths and maybe the Two Harbors breakwater if I don’t have to carry salted and or wear cleats.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I heard yesterday people are launching out of two harbors and trolling already. I can’t confirm first hand though. Drove up to mcquade and the lake is wide open up there, harbor was frozen though.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ve been in contact with people that have been trolling every month this winter. I would bet that two harbors is open or close to it.

I considered pulling the boat up there myself this weekend.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.