Ice Report around Jamestown Valley City area

• Cody Robert Colemer
    Valley City North Dakota

I heard of some people out I was just wondering how much ice is out there. I was thinking it still might be a week before I think about going on Astabula

Riley Struxness

Went to north eckelson this pass went and they had a good 4-5inches, I
    Live in the same area and have been ice fishing the past 4 weekends already

Cody Robert Colemer
    Valley City North Dakota

Yeah I heard there was some ice on island but I’ve been fishing open water for the past few weeks been doing alright. I wonder how the ice is at astabula, with that current running threw I want to make sure it’s good ice all the way threw
    Keep in touch!

Riley Struxness

Yeah we fished island and fished fox also like 2 weeks ago and they seemed to produce some fish for us

Cody Robert Colemer
    Valley City North Dakota

Island is a pretty young lake as I would describe it, had some good eaters in there tho. Fished it twice last year and caught a couple 13 inchers. How was the water clarity? Last year when I was out there a guy could see the bottom crystal clear

David Bloom

Any update on ice conditions out there? Heard you guys got some snow and strong winds last week.

holmsvc
    SE ND

Most lakes are anywhere from 5-7 inches, in most areas. Still use caution.

Cody Robert Colemer
    Valley City North Dakota

Yeah I was just out today 5 to 7 on the smaller bodies of water. I heard Jamestown reservoir had some open water still so I would stay away from anything with current and bring a spud bar never know

Riley Struxness

How bout twin lake, have you heard what the ice is like there?

holmsvc
    SE ND

Heard the geese kept that open late

David Bloom

Anybody been on Eckelson, Fox or Meadow lately? Just wondering if the Fish have been biting.

Cody Robert Colemer
    Valley City North Dakota

Don’t know bout twin, i wouldnt doubt the geese kept it open, we hunted that area a few times and they always are roosting in the south end also lot of eyes got caught out there this summer. I fished meadow last year and it was slow. Marked alot at island yesterday but couldn’t get anything to commit. Threw the tackle box at end.

David Bloom

Just wondering how much ice there is on most of the lakes and how much snow is on them. Would a four wheeler or snowmobile be best? How has the fishing been?

Riley Struxness

I’ve heard the fishings been slow on a lot of the lakes around valley city, this weekend I’ll be going south of Jamestown to fish some of those lakes to see if I can find some
    Jumbos

marineman

I haven’t been in the Jamestown / Valley City area fishing yet, but I’ve heard in SE ND ice thicknesses vary – still too early to be driving out with a vehicle. 4 wheeler / snowmobile would be best yet; hopefully after the cold snap next week the story will be different.

Cody Robert Colemer
    Valley City North Dakota

The girlfriend caught a 6 yesterday

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20160108_170129520.jpg

Cody Robert Colemer
    Valley City North Dakota

7 pounder caught 3 days ago

Attachments:
    1. Snapchat-669157332511270926.jpg

Cody Robert Colemer
    Valley City North Dakota

Nope astabula south of the crossing. Thinking about driving on today

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.