ICE OUT

• knoppers
    big lake, backus

thought I should start this topic, lets here about ice out in your area. open water can’t come fast enough for me after last year and the way this year is going.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The city lakes are ice free – nokomis, calhoun, cedar, Harriet, etc. The smaller lakes in the greater metro are also mostly ice free. The bigger lakes aren’t yet. Give it another week and lake Minnetonka will be ice free.

tim hurley

Tonka will be ice free this week IMO-rain and warm temps will do it (could be biased want to fish Tonks next week) Usually about a 2 week lag between city lakes and lakes about 100mi. away

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Just drove by the West side of the Pond. Only open water was where a tributary was running in or out.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

All of the Lakes in West Central MN are still mostly covered as of today. I think some will be open by next weekend.

bigpike

Driving north on 51 yesterday Dubay was 90% open from the highway between point and wausau. North of that things are mostly froze. The Phillip’s chain is going in hi flow areas but the main lakes are still froze in. Hopefully the whole area goes at the same time like last year. Makes the Indians choose what lakes they will spear as there time is limited.

JoeMX1825
    MN

was at my cabin on Cedar lake (off HW210 near Aitkin) yesterday, ice all the way to the shorelines still but it was super soft…my guess is that it comes off this week…

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Commercial bay on White Bear is open and they’re working on the docks.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Metro Area forum would probably like that info

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>belletaine wrote:</div>

Metro Area forum would probably like that info

I wasn’t paying very close attention. shock

blakehreha

Any update on the ice for lakes in the area?

D E

If the wind would blow just a little this evening the ice would go out on Cedar. It’s on the edge today, next windy day should do the job.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

They just declared Minnetonka was a ice Out

knoppers
    big lake, backus

my lake in aitkin opened up sunday morning, it would have gone out Saturday if the sun stayed out. already caught crappie and gills from shore.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.