Ice Fishing University

• trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

Has anybody gone to the Ice Team ice fishing university? If so, was it worth the $600?

Thank you,
    Mike

gotalunker
    Zimmerman, MN

You can pay me $600 bucks to put on a clinic for you! lol smash

nblasius
    SE South Dakota

Don’t do it! It’s a trap…

Dave maze
    Isanti

I’ll only charge you $500! First lesson, carry all my gear out to the fishing spot. Seriously, if you need a lesson, just hire a guide and ask a lot of questions.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

While some have dismissed this as almost a joke…what is included? I have not looked it up but if/does it include lodging and meals? And does include guiding and equipment? If so, maybe not so much of a waste.

Dan
    Southeast MN

While some have dismissed this as almost a joke…what is included? I have not looked it up but if/does it include lodging and meals? And does include guiding and equipment? If so, maybe not so much of a waste.

I had actually looked at this thread and wondered the same thing. I’ve never heard of this, anyone know any info on it? On the surface yeah, like some said a guide will give you lots of information, but who knows maybe there’s more I don’t know that would be useful.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Okay, I just looked it up and it does include all meals Thursday night through Sunday morning, lodging, fishing, instruction, etc. Plus the social aspect is a bonus if that’s your thing.
    I did something similar a number of years back open water up on LOTW out of Sportsman’s Lodge and was perhaps my most enjoyable fishing trips ever.

Attachments:
    1. bb19a6fb1d344573e6cc8fc57c148d44-all-star-the-all.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walleyestudent Andy Cox wrote:</div>

I had actually looked at this thread and wondered the same thing. I’ve never heard of this, anyone know any info on it? On the surface yeah, like some said a guide will give you lots of information, but who knows maybe there’s more I don’t know that would be useful.

http://www.iceteam.com/pages/ice-university

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I went to it last year but was lucky enough not to have to pay as my fishing partner won the Mr. Buddy season long walleye contest and that was the prize. As a free guest, I thought it was fantastic. For one, it was on Devils Lake which I had always wanted to fish. 2nd, I got to fish with Jason Mitchell, Tony Mariotti and numerous perch patrol members as my guides. Not to mention the evening seminars and 3 provided meals each day. Food was great (highly recommend Woodland Resort for those of you going to Devils). You also get a bucket full of clam stuff, lures, hats, tackle box etc, and they raffle off a ton of gear at the end. All the Clam pro staff were fantastic and friendly and would sit down for a drink or pull tabs or just a conversation with whoever wanted to each night. Each one I talked to were very forthcoming with techniques and even revealed some secrets and new things they were trying out or pushing to Clam to start making.

That being said…..I wouldn’t pay $600 of my own money to do this again even though I had a blast. Money is not dispensable for me, so if it is for some of you, this might be a trip to consider. I will warn you, this year’s is catfishing through the ice so if that’s not your deal I would wait until they go to more of a destination body of water.

John Fink

This will be my third year going you get a ton of info fish with all the Clam Pro’s I highly recommend this trip. This year the target fish is catfish with fry on the ice Saturday but there will be other fish to target with the Pro’s so you can do both I heard catfish through the ice is a ball I’ll be there and intend to go to all future trips

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.