Ice Fishing Shallow Water Jumbo Perch on the Mississippi River – S15 – E9

• Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Season 15 – Episode 9 is Live!

James Holst and PJ Vick fish the Mississippi River Pool 8 for Jumbo perch with Ryan Bettinger.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Been a great year for Perch episodes! You guys are Killin it!
    To far South for the recently retired Dave Koonce to join you?
    Did your weed Perch fillets have any black specs?
    What was your ice thickness where you were fishing?

I wish there was a way I could hide out in the IDO truck and come with… whistling

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Been a great year for Perch episodes! You guys are Killin it!
    To far South for the recently retired Dave Koonce to join you?
    Did your weed Perch fillets have any black specs?
    What was your ice thickness where you were fishing?

I wish there was a way I could hide out in the IDO truck and come with… whistling

The extended high water over the past 2-3 years prior to 2020 is paying dividends when it comes to perch populations all over the ice belt. We’ve been joking that 2020 is the year of the perch!

Koonce was invited but he was busy. We look forward to getting out with him in the near future in his hovercraft!

Ice thickness was 6-8 inches where we fished. The ice was very thin / in poor conditions anywhere there was current.

We kept 3 perch and they were clean. We’ve never seen any worms in our perch from the river.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Koonce was invited but he was busy. We look forward to getting out with him in the near future in his hovercraft!

James how could Dave be busy? He is RETIRED!!! whistling

Randy Bickel

Season 15 – Episode 9 is Live!

James Holst and PJ Vick fish the Mississippi River Pool 8 for Jumbo perch with Ryan Bettinger.

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe title=”Ice Fishing Shallow Water Jumbo Perch on the Mississippi River – In Depth Outdoors TV S15 E9″ width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/9B_W3lUY0XM?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

That’s a good perch. I fish for jumbos at Cascade Lake in Cascade Idaho. My PB 16”, 2.48 pounds officially.

Attachments:
    1. 6920FAB1-9161-4646-9323-92ACA14CA51B.jpeg

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

That’s a good perch. I fish for jumbos at Cascade Lake in Cascade Idaho. My PB 16”, 2.48 pounds officially.

Lucky guy! Those are freaks. James and the IDO guys have been out to Cascade a time or two to haul in those beauties. If you scroll through the video archives you could check them out.
    Bucket list trip #1 for me!

bechjl15

My home neck of the woods! Unfortunately not able to fish it much living in the cities now, but Pools 8 and 9 can be some of the best fishing in the country. Over 120 species of fish in these pools!

BTW, My deer hunting area is just across from where you fished on the MN side. Pretty good deer hunting area for Trophys and meat!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.