ice fishing reports

• knoppers
    big lake, backus

hey all, new to this site. I have a cabin in the aitkin area, and was woundering how everyone’s season is going? I thought I would give this thread a bump since last post was 2 months ago.
    we finally got snow, which I will be out riding on very soon.

tim hurley

I have a friend who has a cabin near Sandy, we have been talking about an ice trip out there so thanks for waking up the thread-have heard good things about Rat lake.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

I haven’t fished rat, but last winter there seemed to plenty out there fishing, most likely for crappies.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Hello Knoopers! Welcome to the site. Like others this area is a little slow.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

hey sand burr! I haven’t been out, I will soon.

knoppers

knoppers
    big lake, backus

I will be up there tomorrow, I will try to get a report, as I will be out riding my sled for the most part.

tim hurley

Talked to a DNR dude out there recently-said their was a lot of snow and slush said the ice has been weird this year. I was thinking of going up to my friend’s neighbors place but their pipes froze-ouch. Good luck Kevin glad your keeping this thread alive.

Ice Cap

Speaking of Rat lake it’s been on my list the last two years but have yet to get there. I can be there in about a hour. Is the public access right off hwy. 3? Does anyone plow roads out there?

knoppers
    big lake, backus

Speaking of Rat lake it’s been on my list the last two years but have yet to get there. I can be there in about a hour. Is the public access right off hwy. 3? Does anyone plow roads out there?

a little late for ya, but yes the access is off 3 across the street form larsons barn. not sure a bout roads, but I would think there has been people out.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

report I got this weekend, the fishing is very slow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.