ice fishing line?

• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

New stuff comes out all the time, new technology etc.
    Whats you favorite 2-4 lb line?
    Something new? Same stuff that served you well before?
    We are all looking for the strongest, thinnest, best knot strength line we can find.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

True to that and there’s always old reliable line that we fall back on. Some of the best that I’ve used are no longer made. What is great at 2-4 lb line isn’t always better performing at like 12-14 lb category and vice versa. Most lines will stiff up in the cold frigid temps will become springy right off the spool.

Gamma ESP Ice – almost disappear. I bought a bunch way back them. One of the strongest strength to line diameter line, if not the strongest one.
    Stren Microfuse Ice – discontinued. Just like Berkley Fireline, almost.
    Silverthread Super – discontinued. Silverthread AN40 replaced it, but it’s softer and slightly less strength.

Berkley Microice. Reliable but understated. 3# ice line is like most others in the 4# category. Is it really a 4 lb line labeled as 3 lb.
    ASSO Ice Line. Totally dedicated to ice fishing. They also have a variety of ice fishing type of lines. Some are awesome way better than I ever expected – well most of them are. I did find one of them (Super High Tenacity) to be somewhat disappointing due to mfg stated strength properties. I tested and it was average compared to most other fishing lines.
    Pline Floroice is better than Pline Floroclear for ice fishing at least the 3# versions are different diameter.

and on and on…with all the varieties of lines.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I’m trying 3# P-Line Floroice on my pansfish setup for the first time this year. I was impressed enough with the 6# stuff last year on my walleye rod that I figured I’d give it a go.

riverruns
    Inactive

Just got 8 spools of the Asso Heavy ice. Never been disappointed with this line.

Attachments:
    1. 15127864088051114384349.jpg

Jason Guthmiller

I have been using suffix invisible florocarbon on one of my inline reels this year and I haven’t been disappointed in it yet. Haven’t used it in super cold conditions yet but I think the larger spool size and inline retrieve will probably help with coiling. I really like the suffix ice magic I 2 lb and 3 lb on my spinning reels. It does seem to get a little better after some use.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Micro ice 3 diameter is less than 4.

Matt Ny

Micro ice is all I use

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.