Ice Cleats for Mickey Boots

• lrott2003
    Wisconsin

Can I ask for guys that wear the Mickey Boots what brand of ice cleat your using.

I have been using the Korkers size XL for a size 11 Mickey Boot and they work I think I am going to get larger size though for next season. If anyone else has a brand they have been happy with for this style of boot I would be interested to hear what your using.

Thanks in advance.

AK Guy

I use them too. Stay with what works.

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Been using the HT cleats, the ones that slip over the front of boot. Work good but they have no cleat on the heel part of boot.

What model of the korkers you using?
    Thanks

Baitwaster
    South metro

I’ve decided ice cleats are something I won’t skimp on. I mean – when you fall and crack your squash on the ice – how much is your deductible? Or God forbid – how far/fast to get some help if you get seriously hurt?

I use the yak Trax diamond type – worth every penny. I’ve tried the coil-spring type, but if you land on the side of your foot – the coils are lined up and it is an inadvertent ice skate…

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Get a set of large or extra large Kahtoola Microspikes. Got them this year and they are amazing, they grip the ice better then anything I’ve tried before.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Hillsound Trail Crampon Ultra in XL. Fits my Lacrosse Extreme PFT boots size 10 that comes in 14″ length and 5.25″ width snug. They are just like fat bunny boots. Something that needs to be done at home where it’s warm and easy.

Riverruns

Get a set of large or extra large Kahtoola Microspikes. Got them this year and they are amazing, they grip the ice better then anything I’ve tried before.

Yes this. That’s what’s we use on white mouse boots.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

Been using the HT cleats, the ones that slip over the front of boot. Work good but they have no cleat on the heel part of boot.

What model of the korkers you using?
    Thanks

I am not sure the brand but they are about $40-50. I think I just need to go up a couple of sizes. I agree on not skimping as one fall is all it takes.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I use Stabilicers on size 12 Sorel pack boots. They work great but the toe cap could be a little deeper although I’ve never had one come off. When I took this pics I noticed I dropped a hex screw on one of the heels late last winter when I used them a lot.

Attachments:
    1. Stabilicers-2-scaled.jpg

2. Stabilicers-1-scaled.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I use Crampons. Love em

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.