i pilot question

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I was running my trolling motor this weekend when I noticed a reduction of power to the motor. the batteries showed full charge. I was wondering if the battery getting low in the hand held control could have caused this. I have not changed the battery since I purchased 3 years ago. once I do change the battery with I have to do the “learn” process or will the remote automatically work with the unit.

thanks

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

No relearn needed, that is where I would start !

JMHO Jeff

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

No relearn needed, that is where I would start !

JMHO Jeff

Make sure to pull the prop and check for fishing line and weeds wrapped around the shaft or visa or in the shaft seal as well.

nord

Check to make sure your post on your batteries are not corroded. If they are, it will only give you so much power to your motor.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

First off were you using the gauge on the Terrova for your battery strength? If so they are notorious for being WRONG. My nephew was having problems with his Terrova and the gauge showed full charge turns out one battery was totally shot. I would start with doing a check of your batteries, then check breaker and connections.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Batteries are one year old. My on board charger showed green. I have a PD unit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.