Finding hunting land

• josh_holliday
    Oxford, Wi

I have been trying to find land to lease for bow hunting for the past 2 years now without success. I live in central Wisconsin and I have a place to rifle hunt but need to find land that the wife and I along with our 2 boys can lease to bow hunt. I don’t really care to hunt public due to having to remove stands and with 4 people it gets tough. anyone have any suggestions. I am even interested in land that would require a lengthy drive as long as it has some deer on it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I suggest putting an add in local papers and/or shoppers guides in the rural areas you are interested.

offthewall
    Ham Lake ,MN

I have got on to 7 places in MN and 4 in WI this year in the last 2 weeks and did not pay a dime just knock on doors and ask and if they sound on the fence then you could mention a lease I have never had to pay to hunt a place and more then likely never will you just have to sell your self and be confident you may knock on 20 doors and not get one place but then one day you might get 5,6 or 7, last week on wed I knocked on 9 doors and got on 6 places what I do is get on to the county GIS and look at the plat maps and google maps and pick a few target places don’t be scared to talk to small parcel owners ie. 5 to 15 acre places I have one place that is 6 acres and it is some of the best hunting I have it is right between the food and bed neither if witch is on the place also don’t look at a place and think it is not worth asking there cause someone hunts it or is right off the main road this year I got on a place that I had done just that last year and this year I decided to stop and ask for kicks and got on and no one had asked them in the last 5 years and they have 245 acres and they are right on a main highway hope this helps good luck and good hunting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.