Knee surgery recovery.

• les_welch

I had a left knee, orthroscopic surgery appointment last Wednsday. Doc was going to go in look around and possibly trim some stuff up, if need be. He ended up making a 4″ incision on the inside of my knee and sewing up my meniscus. What was supposed to be an easy 1-2 week recovery has now turned into a 6-8 week recovery. Currently on crutches, and will be wearing a brace for 6 weeks, anyone go through this and have suggestions for the recovery period?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Haven’t went through that…. don’t want to either… Hope you have a great recovery and are ready for next years Elk Hunts Any idea how/when you tore it ???

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Sorry to hear Les! My knee has been giving me a lot of trouble too but I have yet to go to the doctor.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Good luck. Take it easy

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Good luck. Take it easy

X2 How bout a wheel chair hunt

tdhowen

I have the same surgery on Dec. 15th just to clean it up. I hope it’s only 2 weeks off of work like Doc said it would be.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Sorry to hear this Less, take it easy hope you have a speedy recovery!

lick

Heres to a speedy recovery Les

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

The Scooter Store! it will make it easier w/ this weather

big_hunter
    eagan, mn

i had my knee scoped about 10 years ago now. they cleaned up the meniscus, repaired the PCL and MCL, and also had to loosen up the ligaments on the outside of my knee to stop my kneecap from dislocating any more. (damn high school soccer) i was in rehab/physical therapy for ~6 mos trying to get back into playing shape.

best advice i have for you is to constantly fight the soreness by never stop exercising it. and do the exercises on your own. i didnt do any outside training for the first couple months, and i was dying in my therapy sessions. and after about a month of therapy you’re gonna realize how much you can still do and then i would set goals on recovery. i told myself i was going to be playing sports 6mos after my surgery and i was running track and throwing shotput after 5mos.

after about 2.5 years my knee, and i dont need to wear a brace or anything for sports/working out.

hang in there, the hard part is over. youll be running around in no time.

les_welch

Quote:

Haven’t went through that…. don’t want to either… Hope you have a great recovery and are ready for next years Elk Hunts Any idea how/when you tore it ???

G, I think the initial tear on this knee came about during Volleyball last winter. It went out the rest of the way two weeks ago, playing basketball. I guess I am getting old! Well at least I can still act like a kid…lol. I’m having the other knee done at the end of this month, but it is no where near as bad as this one was, so that should be a speedy recovery. Thanks guys!

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Les I just went through this in May. weekend before opener actually. Outside of stay ahead of the pain with the med, because there is NO catching up to it. Other than that. take it easy for the first few days. and use those crutches. But after 3 days or so toss those things aside, and suck it up. the quickest way to heal is to well walk it off. I walked into my week one follow up with no crutches. Dr. looked at me and said the sooner you stop limping the better off you are. Heck after a week find some stairs. Not fun but nothing is going to make you bend it like stairs. Go up and rest for a bit, and go down, and rest. do it as often as possible. Ugh you just reminded me Doc wants back in for my other knee again. 3rd knee surgery isn’t sounding like fun.

Here is to a speedy recovery Judging from your avatar you enjoy a good walk so you should be just fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.