A bunch of firsts for me

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

As being a first time Dad, I’m experiencing many firsts lately, but I had to share a pic from our first time getting punmpkins with the lil guy Gage. I think he just may be ready for a tree stand by the third weekend of rifle this Fall!

Man they grow up fast. However, I can not wait for the day when he asks to come with Hunting or Fishing.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

He’s old enough to walk…get that kid a bow!
    My two year old son Connor has been giving me lessons for two weeks now. I’m starting to get better…

lunzer
    Burnsville, MN

Good times! All of those firsts are the greatest and they sure do grow up fast. My boy is 4 now and he came along setting up deerstands this weekend. With the 6 hour drive ahead I told him it was a big boy’s trip and if he would act like a big boy he could come along. He did great, no complaints about the long drive or anything. Sitting around the camp fire on Saturday night he asked “since I’m being a big boy, can I have one of those?” Pointing to my beer. I’m in deep with that kid. PS. He didnt get a beer.

As soon as he can sit still for more then 30 seconds at a time, he’ll be in the stand with me.

bobg3723
    Crystal, MN

Great pics guys!!! I have alittle girl now, 8 months old. I can’t wait tell she tells me she wants to go fishing

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Gage will be 7 months on Sunday!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Enjoy it I know I am, I just took my 2yr old (soon to be 3yr old) and 6yr old out this past weekend grouse hunting with me, and just enjoyed their questions and the why’s because being able to realize I know more then I thought and showing them what to look for in the outdoors….lol

JacobNohner

My Caleb will be 7 on the MN deer opener. (What was I thinking of)

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

ummmm ” It’s called RUT ”
    Cool way to bring in his Bday when he can go with you tho

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Quote:

There is a reason that Valentines is in the middle of a long, cold winter.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

They grow quick Rob, sometimes its too bad you can slow it down. Have fun with him as he grows, its worth it.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

I have a 2 and a half year old, Caleb, and Rob all I got to say is careful what you wish for. Last year he wasn’t sure where I went when I would leave the house in camo. This year I literally have to leave with out him seeing, or mom has to put up with one upset boy. ALL birds must be cleaned at our place just so he can see and hold them.

I can’t wait to get the little guy out to the duck blind but I didn’t think he would want it worse than I did yet. This year he walked around the woods for 6 hours while we were moving deer stands. outside of shoving a turkey feather in his mouth I was impressed. next day buddies and I headed out to a game farm. Him staying home was not an option. We walked one row and he stayed behind me. after that he was mad that he couldn’t see the birds. so I posted so we wouldn’t have any fly aways, and a bird would get up, and I’m pretty sure he had the squirt gun drawn and the trigger pulled before I was even shouldered.

Enjoy it all Rob, it happens fast. I have a feeling in a few more years he’ll be celebrating his birthday in a layout blind pounding the snow geese.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.