Help with bibs

• pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

I’m looking to get some new bibs. I’m interested in the Gamehide Chase bibs. I plan on using them for late season bow hunting. Will they be warm enough and quiet enough for bow hunting, and sitting long periods? Do you have any other recomendations? Is there a discount for ido members?

coppertop
    Central MN

I have a pair of Ganders Tech H2O bibs and I wouldn’t trade them for anything, warm, dry and quiet. I use them strickly for late season hunting. Worth checking out.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I have a pair of the Chase Bibs and a pair of Chameleon Bibs. The Chase Bibs are the warmest Bibs Gamehide makes. However, they do not see a lot of tree time from me. The reason being is they do not come in Naked North Snow. Late season and cold weather is when I need bibs the most. This usually means when snow is on the ground, so I wear the Chameleon bibs. The Chase bibs are extremely waterproof and along with that comes a little extra noise, but still quieter then most any other rain gear out there with the Hydro Core Laminate and the Hush Hide lite material. The Chameleon Bibs see most tree time from me and I have worn these bibs in -22 degree straight temps not including the windshield. On the chart they are not quite as warm but they are multi functional for me as they are reversible and dead quiet on the snow side. The Chameleon bibs are also somewhat waterproof and if it is that cold I often find rain is not a factor and they keep me dry laying in the snow & etc. on those cold winter days. Below are the little descriptions on both. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please advise!

Also, I usually see pricing cheaper at a store retailer then I do on their website.

Here is one SE MN Retailer:

GREAT SURPLUS STORES

113 LIBERTY STREET

WINONA MN 55987

507/452-1348

Otherwise Scheels has a ton of stuff in the stores I have been in.

Quote:

Chase Bib / 704

Suggested Retail $184.95

Our Price: $184.95 Buy This Item!

Waterproof/Breathable Insulated Bib

Quick Info- 1= Least, 5= Most

(What is this?)

Quietness: 4.5

Waterproof: 5

Breathability:5

Warmth: 5

Other: Full leg zippers

Description: The Chase Bib is the ultimate for cold weather protection. Insulated with 6 oz. of warm Heat Tech insulation, the item offers exceptional warmth in a quiet, functional bib. The full-leg zippers make for easy on/off and the wide, comfortable, detachable shoulder straps won’t dig into your shoulders like other brands. The bib also includes a two-way zip front with a snap-down storm placket to seal out the elements and deep micro-fleece lined front slash pockets. A convenient vertical zippered chest pocket is also included along with a rear zip security pocket.

Fabrics and Features:

HushHide Light Fabric

HydroCore Laminate

Heat Tech Insulation

Full Leg Zippers

Quote:

Chameleon Bib / 29R

Suggested Retail $134.95

Our Price: $134.95

Weatherproof Reversible Insulated HunterHide Bib

Quick Info- 1= Least, 5= Most

(What is this?)

Quietness: 5

Waterproof: 2

Breathability: 5

Warmth: 3.5

Other: Reversible

Description: The versatile companion to the Chameleon Parka with the same reversible options. The full length, two-way side zippers and zippered front allow for easy access. The adjustable shoulder straps are elastic and offer superior comfort. The elastic waist add a more tailored fit while the dual slash pockets and the back pocket with snap closure work great for extra storage.

Fabrics and Features:

HunterHide Fabric

Heat Tech Insulation

Impervia

Reversible

big_hunter
    eagan, mn

i had tech2o stuff too, its nice. but this year i bought a pair of super slam elite fleece bibs cuz they were in the cabelas bargain cave for $100 off.. havent had a chance to hit the woods with them yet, but they are really quiet and comfortable when i tried on with all my layering gear…

super slam bibs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.