First pics out of my trail cam!

• pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

Wondering if anyone can explain if there is a reason he is growing like that? Do you think he will be like that his whole life? Either wait can wait to see him out of the velvet.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Could have broke his skull plate, but I would guess he had an injury to his opposite side from a gun/bow shot or hit by a car ??!! IMO..

big_g
    Isle, MN

This is what I have always heard too, rightside antler issues, left side body injury…. now, at least you can keep tabs on him with your cam

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

That is odd. Cull buck???

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I agree with the guys above that most likely he had an injury on his opposite side. However, that doesn’t mean that his rack will be deformed on that side next year. I’ve seen pen deer recover from their injuries and grow normal racks again the following year.

pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

Thanks for all the input.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Look how skinny he is and the rack is messed up, Gotta be CWD

lick

Quote:

I agree with the guys above that most likely he had an injury on his opposite side. However, that doesn’t mean that his rack will be deformed on that side next year. I’ve seen pen deer recover from their injuries and grow normal racks again the following year.

agreed give him a year and see

worse case hes an even bigger oddball

very cool pics thou thanks for sharing

lick

Quote:

all my deer pics look skinny this time of year think it cuz they have there summer coats

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Quote:

all my deer pics look skinny this time of year think it cuz they have there summer coats

I agree, even 3.5 and 4.5 year olds look small at this time of year. They have not packed on the muscle yet and a lot of nutirients are going to their racks in lieu of the bodies.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Just giving him crap, We saw those pictures yesterday when we pulled the card. He didnt even post the good ones

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.