Looking for a new trailcam

• lunzer
    Burnsville, MN

I have had the pleasure of having 2 packages stolen from the front of my house this week. The Grinch must have been in the neighborhood! Hope they enjoy 75 pictures of my kid that wont go out to my friends and family this year.

That being said, Im an opportunist. And now would be a perfect time to hit the wife up for finally getting a trailcam. If this tool tries it again, maybe I can get a pictire of him/her.

I want a infared camera, other then that, I have no clue.

What are your personal experiences with certain cameras, and what might work good for this? Any help would be great!

les_welch

Scoutguard 550 or Moultrie I-40, best two cameras you can get in the $200 range, which are infrared.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

I just did a bunch of research and I put a Scoutguard 550 on my christmas list. Seems to be the best one in the $200 range from my research.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Moultrie IR 40.

The IR does give off a weak red light that might be picked up by the Theif in the dark. Depnding on mounting location. Cabelas has one called the Outfitter IR 50 that is basically Moultires Camera. That is on Sale for $199.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Can you typically turn off the flash on trail cams?? My dad wants one for Xmas. He plans to use it simply for security around the place when he is out of town.

les_welch

yes you can turn the flash off, on flash cameras, but obviously then, they won’t take any night pics.

lunzer
    Burnsville, MN

Thanks guys. I’ll check them out.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Thanks for the info, also looking at picking one up myself.

Jami

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

I agree with Lip. The Moultrie IR 4.0 is a good trail camera. I picked 4 of them up at the Deer Classic. I negotiated with the rep. picked them up for $160 a peice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.