Help on .223 WSSM

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

How about that. Found my way over here. Last weekend I won a Browning A-Bolt 223 WSSM at a raffle. Need some input from you gun guys. From what I’ve read, they are fast and accurate but tend to burn out barrels (old info), they’re hard to chamber, and they are no longer in production. So, do I keep or trade?

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

I own a .243 wssm and i heard all the rumors about burning out barrels. I talked to a guy from browning at a gun show he said the guys that are burning barrels out after 500 shots are the ones at the ranges doing it in a few days. any gun is going to burn through a barrel eventually. but i love the round. its fast as heck and shoots straight for a ways. For hunting i think it would be a sweet yote gun. id keep it.
    ammo is kind of a pain to find thats the only down fall i see in the super short mags

biggdaddymn

I agree with the above comments. I put almost 250 rounds through my .223 WSSM with no problems. I still have over 200 rounds. If you are interested in them shoot me an e-mail.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Iwould keep it . if you burn up the barrell what are you out anyway.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I’m leaning towards keeping the gun but am going to take it to Scheel’s and see what he has to offer in trade. If not, I will be looking for ammo. Where you located, Ranger?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.