This years hunt went very well

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

Our crew bagged several big bucks this year and I also filled up. Mine was not a trophy. It was spine shot and rolled down the hill near my stand. I went over to it to put it down and realized in my 20 plus years of hunting I had never walked up to a deer that wasn’t expired that I had shot. I took a minute to thank the deer and tell it that I wouldn’t waste any of him and that my family would respect his sacrifice and celebrate his life each time we had a meal. I have always felt a little guilty pulling the trigger. The deer looked me in straight in the eye and accepted his fate and gave me a good spot to end it. I have never mounted antlers or any such things my grandpa would have called that hogwash but I am going to put this modest 7 pointers rack on my wall to remember that moment were the animal gave himself to me and also made me feel better about my part in the affair.

shayla

Whiskerkev,
    Don’t get caught up in the belief that large bucks are the only ones that are trophies. You most certainly shot a trophy, and by the sounds of your post you did it for the right reasons. Good Huntin!

shayla

Whiskerkev,
    Don’t get caught up in the belief that large bucks are the only ones that are trophies. You most certainly shot a trophy, and by the sounds of your post you did it for the right reasons. Good Huntin!

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

GOOD JOB, BY THE WAY YOU CAN USE ALL THE TENDERIZER YOU WANT AND THEM HORNS STILL WON’T BE SOFT ENOUGH TO EAT.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

GOOD JOB, BY THE WAY YOU CAN USE ALL THE TENDERIZER YOU WANT AND THEM HORNS STILL WON’T BE SOFT ENOUGH TO EAT.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m guessing that look in his eye was the terror and shock of the predator standing over him. I usually kill them before I talk to them….

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m guessing that look in his eye was the terror and shock of the predator standing over him. I usually kill them before I talk to them….

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Good Job Wisk

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Good Job Wisk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.