A place to bear hunt in zone 25

• emtbucket

Looking to explore new ground. Anybody know a good area in zone 25 for 5 guys to hunt. Please PM me with info. I hope some local people will help out. Zone 25 runs from Effie over to Ely and north. Looking for land to camp and enjoy a week of bear hunting(bear optional) and camping. Koochiching State Fores and Lake Vermilion are all in zone 25. Thank you in advance.

birddog
    Mn.

I’m not sure if the Kawishiwi(sp?) campground is in that zone or not? It’s very close to that far east end of zone 25. We spend some time up there every summer and have problems wih bears every year. Last year we had bears within 5 feet of the tent 2 nights in a row…the old 45 was held close those nights . My folks were up there last month and had encounters also. Might be a good place to start if it’s in 25.

Good Luck,
    BIRDDOG

birddog
    Mn.

I’m not sure if the Kawishiwi(sp?) campground is in that zone or not? It’s very close to that far east end of zone 25. We spend some time up there every summer and have problems wih bears every year. Last year we had bears within 5 feet of the tent 2 nights in a row…the old 45 was held close those nights . My folks were up there last month and had encounters also. Might be a good place to start if it’s in 25.

Good Luck,
    BIRDDOG

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.