Hunting Land

• bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

I was wondering if there was any spots in the la crosse area that would be public hunting land or maybe someone would be able to loan out! I always go down to madison for deer season and im looking for a place close to home that i can go out some nights after school thanks

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

There is 3,000 acres south on the Bangor exit from I90. About a 15 minute drive from LaCrosse. Not sure how hard its hunted.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

There is 3,000 acres south on the Bangor exit from I90. About a 15 minute drive from LaCrosse. Not sure how hard its hunted.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

That land is called the Coulee Experimental Forest. It is well over 3000 acres with various types of terrain. Small game and gun deer seasons can be very busy with certain ethnic folks hunting it HARD. But, if you are willing to do some walking, you can get away from most of the people. It has cross country ski trails going all through it, so walking isn’t hard. There are 3 different access areas to get on the land. Two are off the Bangor exit and the other is a little past Barre Mills. I have used all 3 and they all have there good and bad points. If you have any other questions,let me know. If interested I could show you around up there so you will at least know where the parking areas are.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

That land is called the Coulee Experimental Forest. It is well over 3000 acres with various types of terrain. Small game and gun deer seasons can be very busy with certain ethnic folks hunting it HARD. But, if you are willing to do some walking, you can get away from most of the people. It has cross country ski trails going all through it, so walking isn’t hard. There are 3 different access areas to get on the land. Two are off the Bangor exit and the other is a little past Barre Mills. I have used all 3 and they all have there good and bad points. If you have any other questions,let me know. If interested I could show you around up there so you will at least know where the parking areas are.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.