Hunting Ebike discount

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    In Depth Outdoors got $79k.

nobody gonna mention the elephant in the room?

Why would we. Maybe the salaries had to be paid or maybe the boat had to be paid for. Either way it’s not my concern

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    In Depth Outdoors got $79k.

nobody gonna mention the elephant in the room?

yeah I don’t get it. Not like they weren’t impacted… they quit filming new shows mid-season

Johnny

according to captain musky, its impossible to know who didn’t abuse it so we must be skeptical of everyone who received a handout

CaptainMusky

according to captain musky, its impossible to know who didn’t abuse it so we must be skeptical of everyone who received a handout

Dont put words in my mouth that is not at all what I said.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^I didn’t share that as a negative, just to show that far more businesses took the PPP “loans” than most realize. Many used them to keep afloat, minimize losses, and make payroll which is what it was designed for.

One I found that was eye-opening and questionable was a local 1-man mowing operation got over $14k in PPP “loans”. I run into him fairly regularly and he makes the IDO crowd look like Biden disciples. He always bragged about how he was so busy, never stopped working, blah blah but then discretley gobbled up that money like mad despite no real impact to his extremely small business. It wasn’t just the peanut sized stimulus checks that led to inflation…but politicans sure love to push that narrative though

It is all public record for a reason, and it’s interesting to see.

CaptainMusky

One I found that was eye-opening and questionable was a local 1-man mowing operation got over $14k in PPP “loans”. I run into him fairly regularly and he makes the IDO crowd look like Biden disciples. He always bragged about how he was so busy, never stopped working, blah blah but then discretley gobbled up that money like mad despite no real impact to his extremely small business. It wasn’t just the peanut sized stimulus checks that led to inflation…but politicans sure love to push that narrative though

This is a prime example of abusing it IMO.

Johnny

kind of goes to grouse’s point that everyone is against handouts until they get one.

Reef W

The place I worked at the time got 309k for “payroll”. We were already fine and made things relevant to working from home so had never been busier. Not sure where that went coffee

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Another Example:

Brett Guthrie (Representative from Kentucky) had close to $5 million in PPP “loans” forgiven for his business and voted in favor of those packages during the pandemic despite the obvious conflict.

Fast forward and he was extremely outspoken against student loan forgiveness of $10k even for people working in fields with major employment shortages in his own state

“If you take out the loans, you should pay them back” …even if you are a politician worth 10s of millions.

The PPP loans and how congress handled them (under both Trump and Biden) led to more inflationary issues than people will ever realize. They sure loved seeing people argue over peanut sized stimulus checks though!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I have a daughter starting college and I’m against college loan forgiveness absolutely.

CaptainMusky

I have a daughter starting college and I’m against college loan forgiveness absolutely.

Me too and free lunch in schools. Nothing is ever free. I’ll gladly pay for my kids and those that can’t. I don’t need help but will help others.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.