First Hand Gun

• dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I have a Browning Citori Lighting 16 ga that’s collecting dust. I’m thinking about trading in it for a handgun. Always wanted a 40 cal. Probably won’t be used much, a little piece of mind at home and a little target shooting. Any thoughts on the S&W MP?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Nice gun. There are lots of nice guns out there. Find something that is comfortable for you. Different guns fit different people. What feels and shoots well for me might not work for you.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

Nice gun. There are lots of nice guns out there. Find something that is comfortable for you. Different guns fit different people. What feels and shoots well for me might not work for you.

Thanks Ralph. I understand the fit/feel part of it, I guess I was just looking for confirmation that the M&P was a good gun. Probably dumb for asking, I know S&W has a good reputation. Anyway, thanks again!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Thanks Ralph. I understand the fit/feel part of it, I guess I was just looking for confirmation that the M&P was a good gun. Probably dumb for asking, I know S&W has a good reputation. Anyway, thanks again!

I don’t think I have ever heard any complaints about the M&Ps. Frankly, pretty much all the major players are putting out great guns, so it’s all about finding a gun that fits your hand and budget. Good luck, and let us know what you get.

neusch303

Just to throw it out there. I shot a buddies Walther PPQ 9mm a few weeks ago. For the price point I was blown away with how well it handled and shot. Very impressed.

deertracker

With the ammo available now I would also look at a 9mm. We recently switched to 9’s because the new rounds are very close to the 40’s balistic wise. It also seems like they have half the recoil. Less recoil means better accuracy. I would also check out the Glock Gen 4’s. Can you say saweet! Sorry, I know nothing about the S&W.
    DT

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.