Wildgame cameras

• johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

About 2 months ago I bought my first wildgame cam an ir4. It worked well for a few wks taking both great pics and video. Then it quit working, it wouldn’t turn on. Sent it back and they sent me a bran new one in the box. Used it for a month, again taking great video and pics. Then it started taking photos like the ones posted. So I sent it back again and now there going to send me the X6c model. So that’s where Im at with wildgame cams not sure what to think. I know some guys on here have had gd luck with them. But when it did work it took awesome video and pictures and barely used any batterie juice.

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Never used one, but like any product, works great when it works, sucks when it doesn’t! If its a trend then I would say they may not be the best. Nothing worse than getting pics back that you can’t quite see what the *^%%^# they are!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hopefully that’s you Johnsy walking past the camera. I have the Wildgame IR4 and like it. Takes great pics like you said and even when a bear tried ripping it out of the tree….twice…it still takes great pics and photo’s. My brother has one and a friend of mine also has two and are very pleased with them. I did buy a couple extra cameras recently (Moultry D55 IR and a Bushnell) because I wanted to try some other ones out. All in all though a good camera and the Customer Service is good too. (A co-worker bought one and had to return it and received a new one).

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

That guy in the picture is way to SHORT to be him

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

of course its me

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for the review Justin and please keep us posted on the newer model.

lick

Quote:

What a perfect camera it takes Johnsys face out of the pictures

Thanks for the update and keep us posted Johnsy

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

OOOWWW Patrick I figured you’d have something to say

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OOOWWW Patrick I figured you’d have something to say

steve_white
    St Germain, WI

I have been using 6 of the 1.3’s for 2 yrs now. Of all the low end cameras they are by far the best. The moultries did not even make it a year. The others took horrible pictures at best. After 2 seasons in the woods only had 2 problems. 1 lost the flash, the other the SD card holder does not lock anymore. Although out of warranty Wildgame was very nice about it. Going to replace them both for $35. Can’t beat that.

I went to using these cheaper cameras due to problems with theft. Easier to handle loosing $50 than a $500 cuddy!!

steve_white
    St Germain, WI

Well thanks Kooty. hate to look at gift horse in the mouth. BUT! Of the low end cameras. Them wildviews are by far the worst. All I really care about is the time date stamp, and seeing what was there. Yet the pics on the WV’s are horrible. Very grainy and blurry. They eat batteries a lot more in cooler weather of the fall as well!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I tried one of these last year and was disappointed. I do have to say their customer service was great about returning the unit for full price, short of shipping.

brunowfo

I have been using a x6c this year and Im very happy with it. Paid just under $130.00 with tax at Cabelas Its been taking great photos on a mineral sight on my property. Ive been using the Earthquake mineral from Maximum Draw Products. I got it from Sportmans Guide. Heres a couple pics.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.