Moultrie

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I just picked up 2 of the Midway Moultrie deal here on the banner and will be setting up this weekend. Any tips as to set-ups that work good for Turkeys ??? I have never set a trail cam for turkeys… is it like deer ? I typically go 5 miutes for deer. How long between shots ??? Any suggestions welcomed.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Glen, you read my mind! I just received my Moultrie camera about 1 week ago and was going to use it for scouting while hunting on a different piece of peroperty. If we didn’t see the birds I would pull the camera and check to see if there was any turkey movement and at what times! I think I’m going to set it like I do deer for like 3 minutes. Also, do you place the camera lower on the tree with turkeys or leave them at the same heighth as deer?

lick

jut gotback from setting my out again i do set them a little lower set mine 1 minute and 30 seconds dont want to miss anything i set mine over food plots and did put one over a dusting spot thought that would make some neat pics trail cameras can help alot if you dont have alot of time to scout i had lots of pics of toms but nothing before noon and got mine in the same spot at 730 so they dont tell you everything but they can be very helpfull and they give me another excuse to hit the woods

jeff_hansen

awesome pics … nice rope on that first bird

big_g
    Isle, MN

Well I put 1 out…… I typically don’t set-up trail cams until about August….. Why ??? I don’t know, the anticipation until I go to pull it next friday night, is a feeling a guy should have all year !!!

lick

Quote:

Well I put 1 out…… I typically don’t set-up trail cams until about August….. Why ??? I don’t know, the anticipation until I go to pull it next friday night, is a feeling a guy should have all year !!!

thats for sure i put mine out fri afternoon and almost went to check them today but held off maybe wed after work its killing me

lick

glen another thing to look for when your looking for a place to hang a trail camera for turkeys is “strut marks” when a tom struts he drags his wing feathers and leaves marks in the dirt or sand ill try to get some pictures and post them may take a few days with the rain today

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds good We have a ton of tracks, so we set up in that area.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The suspense is killing me….. about T-4 hours until I pull the cam !!!

lick

Quote:

The suspense is killing me….. about T-4 hours until I pull the cam !!!

good luck hope for pics of bigfoot

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Glen…lets see those photo’s!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.