Humminbird waypoint question

• Hatch99

Recently when I mark a waypoint it notes “successfully saved”. However, a waypoint number does not appear. Does anyone know what might be happening? I have about 350 waypoints saved. I believe the 800 series will hold a lot more than that. Thanks in advance!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I think the 800’s store around 2500 waypoints. If you recall the waypoint, you should see the #’s. My 1197’s did the same thing

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

Happened to me a while ago, I restored defaults and it went away. Only had about 500 waypoints and its was a 998. Only problem was restoring my settings I had.

JAnderson

If snapshot is turned on without a sd card in the slot they will not save. You need to turn snapshot off or insert a card. That’s another confusion that I have seen. If you have that setup correctly then restore defaults and see if that makes.

Make sure your unit has the latest update as well.

inskom

JAnderson probably has it pegged. This most often happens when someone has screen snapshot turned on, and then removes the SD card, and forgets to turn off screen snapshot.

If screen snapshot is on, and no SD card is in the unit, it will say successfully saved, but no waypoint is created.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.