Hudson Croix Report

• joshd
    Minnetonka

My first time on the Croix since last Fall. Weather was great today with some nice wind. Water clarity was a bit dirtier than I normally see on the Croix.

Fishing was tough, caught a nice Perch, 3 Sheep and had a ~18″ eye on that my netman missed (Me). Most action was on spinner / crawler & the Eye on Spinner / Leech.

Few areas ~ 20′ had big pods of bait. Marked fish at many depths but just didn’t seem too active with my baits.

Hope to get out again soon, not many fisherman out there today. Is everyone on P2 and P4? Guess I should have hit those.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

My first time on the Croix since last Fall. Weather was great today with some nice wind. Water clarity was a bit dirtier than I normally see on the Croix.

Fishing was tough, caught a nice Perch, 3 Sheep and had a ~18″ eye on that my netman missed (Me). Most action was on spinner / crawler & the Eye on Spinner / Leech.

Few areas ~ 20′ had big pods of bait. Marked fish at many depths but just didn’t seem too active with my baits.

Hope to get out again soon, not many fisherman out there today. Is everyone on P2 and P4? Guess I should have hit those.

Didn’t see a boat for over 12 miles of Pool 4 shoreline that I drove by today. It’s just a tough time of year for eyes and saugers.

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

I’ve been fishing the Croix once a week this month and have had some success pulling cranks. Got a good one Saturday! They are out there but can be a grind until the water temps drop.

Attachments:
    1. E59C4A12-323F-4C83-A53A-218177D32ECD.jpeg

tangler
    Inactive

I’ve been fishing the Croix once a week this month and have had some success pulling cranks. Got a good one Saturday! They are out there but can be a grind until the water temps drop.

That’s a beaut, ssperch — nice work!

October is Croix time for me. Can’t wait.

triton186
    Hudson, WI

We might have been sharing the same water for a while! I was in the silver triton..I did manage 4 (none that nice) but it was a long time between bites!

joshd
    Minnetonka

Nice fish ssperch! I’m going to fish Bass on Tonka tomorrow as i don’t like trolling cranks. Also hitting Mille Lacs for Walleye a day this weekend.

I plan to be back fishing the croix in a few weeks though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.