How to?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Is there a way to attach photo’s when you reply to a PM?
    I know how to do them in a thread but can’t figure out a PM.

Thank you.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I’ve wanted to do the same thing but couldn’t figure how either.

Maybe there is no way… ???

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks……………I think. grin

Sharon
    SE Metro

Attachments aren’t an option in the messaging on here for some reason. It would be a handy feature though!

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Sent you a message Dutchboy that I think works. I posted a picture in the messsge and it shows on my side.

I used post http://www.image.org. You can put images directly in your threads too if you’d like to put them in the middle of your post. Often helps for context.

Go to the main page Select “Resize my Image” and choose 640×480 which is optimal for message boards. If you don’t, many times the picture will be too big.

[/url]

Click on “Choose Images” and select the file you want to use. Works on computers and mobile device. You can choose more than one image but they will be posted as thumbnails, not as nice for the reader.

[/url]upload a picture[/url]

After it uploads, scroll down and there will be a number of HTML codes to choose from. About 2/3 of the way down select “Hotlink for Forums” by selecting the little blue and white clipboard icon on the right. It will say copied when you do this.

[/url]

Go to your IDO private message (or on the post you are creating if in the forum) and simply paste the copied code into the message box.

[/url]screenshot utility

A bonus is you can edit your pictures posted unlike the upload feature, at least as far as I can tell. I just took advantage of this since I posted that last picture twice and have since removed it.

ETA Hopefully I’ve not breached any rules by posting pictures directly into a thread like this.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks, seems a little more complicated then I was hoping.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thanks, seems a little more complicated then I was hoping.

I think so too. Maybe your pics intended to send PM you’ll just have to post here on the open forum. We’ll look away if it’s “sensitive material”… roll

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nothing sensitive. Guy sent a PM about my boat. I just wanted to send him photos so he could see what I was talking about. Next time i’ll get his e-mail and do it that way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.