How to keep deer from defecating in backyard.

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

How about a firecracker when they show up? People are still thinking its the 4th of July here just about every night. Or someone is shooting.

I cast a couple hundred 3/8″ lead balls for the stepson every year that he uses in a slingshot on problem deer and, yes, he’s right in Rochester’s city limits.

catmando
    wis

Is that JD guy back?

haleysgold
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>haleysgold wrote:</div>
    Seriously?
    Think I’ve seen and heard it all now.
    Deer poop…in my yard.
    C’mon man!
    roll

I can attest to the fact that it looks like a manure pile under his apple trees. Several trees, several piles.

I like your 1st reply better Tom.
    Consider it free fertilizer!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Put a few cases of Busch light and a bucket of KFC in your yard each evening. Spread out some camp chairs in the areas you don’t want the deer to defecate in. A small bonfire could also help. waytogo

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Buy an apartment…

LMAO.! doah Hope he never moves to the country.! There is already to many B C people out here. roll

brussels4me

Thanks to the person that suggested Milorganite. Sorry, I don’t have your handle at the moment. I went to the Milorganite website and found a post by Joe Lamp1 on milorganite.com/blog/garden-landscape/deer-control who summed up my concerns. He states that although deer control isn’t listed on the Milorganite bag, it works for him and keeps them from snacking and rutting his trees. I believe this is worth a shot at around $18.00 a bag since I’m not allowed to shoot them! Just thought I’d post this idea if anyone else is being overrun with deer. It’s a real problem around here!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.