Late July fishing report

• JoeMX1825
    MN

July & August are typically slow months for fishing on the SRCL. I’ve experianced very sporadic bites the past month or so. Smallies have been quiet recently, but Largemouth seem to have picked up a bit and hanging in the weeds on Becker. I caught a 5 lb Walleye casting a X-Rap shad off goat island in Horseshoe last weekend and ran into a pocket a active Northerns on Ceder Island (5 large fish on 5 consecutive casts) Panfish bites looks good still with most fish staging on structure (Points, Humps, etc) Early evening hours 6-8pm seem to be producing the best right now and most larger fish are hanging right on the weedline edge.

The fish are there, you just have to work harder for them this time of year.

If you know of any good Smallie spots, send me a message.

JoeMX1825
    MN

was out fishing this weekend and had no luck, couple small ones here and there but nothing consistant. I hate this time of year, anyone else getting a consistant bite? Where have the Smallies gone?

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

That is exactly why I don’t fish the chain this time of the year. It gets alot better around mid September as the water cools off.
    It is pretty tough fishing all over right now.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

That is exactly why I don’t fish the chain this time of the year. It gets alot better around mid September as the water cools off.
    It is pretty tough fishing all over right now.

Amen to that! I plan on using my electronics more heavily this time of year (I hardly ever use them in the spring or fall) The fish have to be somewhere..

big_g
    Isle, MN

Bob is there anything going at Tschumperlins Culvert ?

big G

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

Haven’t been there for a few months.
    Crappie fishing sucked there this spring.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.