Fishing by the stupid people!

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

I could not believe the amount of people that try to troll thru 25-30 boats! Everybody around the 22 bridge was anchored up and either bobber fishing or pitching for walleyes and there was about 5 boats either trolling thru or lindy rigging thru the boats! I found it to be irritating to say least!I can’t tell you how many times they got hung up on people and almost run into people…..1 guy in a little Crestliner job trolled through and when he got out the other side,he said loud enough for everyone to hear ” watch out,my motor is’nt working,I can’t steer very good”. I said “Then you belong on shore with all your other drunk buddies”! “F” in this ,”F”in that…….kids all over….What a jerk off!

Might very well be my last trip up there for openner. As Ron White put’s it….”You can’t fix stupid!”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Knowing you for a few years now, I know it take a bit to tee you off….

….but Chap, this kinda stuff happens everywhere…even in your own back yard…you know what I mean…P4.

‘Course all the doinks are fishing lakes opening weekend and leaving all the 28 inchers to us. If your not going to ‘shoe next year…would you go to Mille Lacs….Please???

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Thats why I quit fishing opener too many FOOLS out there.
    It just wasn’t worth putting up with that for a limit of fish.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I think there should be a law that lets you punch one person a week. One punch, one person, only once a week.

The beauty of this system is that if you’re a jerk, then you’re the person that everybody picks to punch. I’d bet you’d learn how to behave yourselve pretty quickly.

So for example the foul-mouthed idiot with the bad outboard would get back to the access and there would be a line of guys waiting to spend their punch of the week on him.

Oh well, in another couple of weeks these guys will be done for another year.

Rootski

Besox

I like the way you think Rootski! Your one punch per week idea would work wonders, not only on the lakes but at work also!!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

I think there should be a law that lets you punch one person a week. One punch, one person, only once a week.

The beauty of this system is that if you’re a jerk, then you’re the person that everybody picks to punch. I’d bet you’d learn how to behave yourselve pretty quickly.

So for example the foul-mouthed idiot with the bad outboard would get back to the access and there would be a line of guys waiting to spend their punch of the week on him.

Oh well, in another couple of weeks these guys will be done for another year.

Rootski

Geez Rootski! I dunno. Even my own mother wouldn’t recognize me by the end of the week.

bclii
    MN/AZ

Unfortunately we live in a very selfish society! It’s a me me me world which relates to everything including the highways.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Geez Rootski! I dunno. Even my own mother wouldn’t recognize me by the end of the week.

No way Wade! I refuse to believe it. You’re one of the good guys

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have a name for this…it’s called the buffet syndrome.

I first saw this when working in restaurants.

People would run up to the buffet and take way more than they could eat, scarf as much down as they could…then head back up again…as fast as they could. They didn’t really enjoy the buffet, because they were too worried about getting their share…before the food ran out.

Once folks realized that the food wasn’t going away, they would slow down and enjoy the many choices a buffet had to offer.

It’s amazing to me to see the attitude of folks that catch a lot of fish. The importance of getting that stringer is lost to having a enjoyable time, watching others hook into a good one and taking pictures and releasing fish.

But then again…if a person only gets out once or twice a year, well that makes a difference too.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The 22 bridge and other narrow channels with current get like that every opener. I still can’t believe the arrognace of some of those guys who troll right through everyone…I just drive through to get to Becker and Horseshoe lakes and it’s usually a challenge.

clklink

I’m sorry to say, but you almost should have expected something like that to happen. And unfortunatly, it happens on the chain all year long.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I know……In the past it’s been 1 guy doing it and I could deal with it,But this year was many more. Just too small of an area…I think I’ll have to find somewhere else to set up the openner. Maybe I’ll try big D’s tournament. Theres a pair…Me and Crosby Stick! Hey Kevin………

tmuns222
    Cottage Grove

Quote:

I know……In the past it’s been 1 guy doing it and I could deal with it,But this year was many more. Just too small of an area…I think I’ll have to find somewhere else to set up the openner. Maybe I’ll try big D’s tournament. Theres a pair…Me and Crosby Stick! Hey Kevin………

One thing to consider Chappy is that the fishing is not always the main reason we get together for the opener. We usually only get the bulk of the boys together for one weekend a year. Fishing becomes secondary (Where could you get better laughs then one of our foursome losing it on the golf course. I am still chuckling about that) I enjoy fishing as much as you (Even in the rain), but tradition is not something I would be willing to give up on a few fish, or because those bozos were buzzing us all day.

We can just do some scouting and get away from the crowds next year. It’s a big chain and could make for a fun little tournament between boats. No fishing in the current areas.

Just something to think about…..By the way…did I outfish you this year?

Outfishchappyguy

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Just something to think about…..By the way…did I outfish you this year?

Outfishchappyguy

I don’t think you did! Nice try though!!!!

I hear ya,We’ll see. I’ve alway’s said fishing is secondary up there. It’s all about comrodery! And seeing “That guy” Fall apart was priceless! Good times had by all!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.