Getting Green!

• scottsteil
    Central MN

The Chain is getting Green. I haven’t been out for almost 2 weeks, as we haven’t had siginificant rain fall for over 5 weeks. This is not good for a River system. The rain “flushes” the system and usually clears it up. With the absence of rain the algea takes hold. However, the water quality is much better this year, far better than any of the last 10 years. Until we get a frost and the fall walleye start heating up, I will not be on the water. Anyone else been out?

jonn

Yep Scott! Some of the lakes around Annandale are green too! Don’t put the rods away yet or until a frost hits…go to the river and I guarantee you will be HOOKED I’ll be fishing it tomorrow Jon

ps. Koronis WAS pretty green also last week so I would imagine Rice was too.

spkwms
    N.E. Iowa

Normally when can the Horseshoe Chain expect a frost that will affect the algae?
    We are thinking of fishing this area Mid-September in hopes that the Crappie and Bluegills are active. This maybe too early.
    I haven’t seen to many reports on the current fishing conditions and would appreciate any information anyone may contribute.
    Thanks in advance

scottsteil
    Central MN

Frost really isn’t the main factor it is water temp. I just say frost because that means the nights are getting really cool. These cool nights we are having will really help things out. Mid september may be a little early but the fishing it terrific that time of year.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

Was on Rice on Saturday 8/30 – really green. The kids even decided too green to swim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.