Areas to watch out for with this low water levels

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Although I do take some pleasure in watching the yuppie speedboaters bottom out their prop in areas that they should know will be shallow, here’s a listing of the more common areas of the chain that get dangerous when the water levels get low.
    * Entrance to Krons bay – Stay to the middle/left side when entering it
    * Ceder Island sand bar and points – Several points have warning bouys and the sandbar usually has swimmers on it.
    * Cold Spring area – The chain gets really shallow and rocky near the end in Cold Spring
    * Sand Bar in Horseshoe Lake
    * Several spots past the Hoseshoe into Long Lake..

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

I’ll second the Cold Springs area. I fished the pier a couple times last week and it is over 3 feet lower then I have ever seen it. Pretty sad seeing as I went with a friend to show off this spot as it is my favorite on the River.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It gets worse near the Knaus lake exit towards coldspring (just past the big bridge) there’s some big prop killers sunk in there

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

Quote:

It gets worse near the Knaus lake exit towards coldspring (just past the big bridge) there’s some big prop killers sunk in there

My fishing buddy lost his prop and skeg there a few years ago, there are some big rocks there and they are not marked at all…

I have never hit them, thank goodness.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve inspected that area with my trolling motor and the entire bottom is nothing but solid rock. They must have blast dredged a path out years ago?

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

Quote:

They must have blast dredged a path out years ago?

I don’t know, I know where it is, so I try and avoid the area.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.