Horseshoe Chain question.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Hello all. Anyone been to Reugemers Island View Resort in Richmond, MN. It sits on the Sauk River Horseshoe Chain of Lakes. This part of the Minnesota is unfamiliar to me. I go further north normally. Anyways, some relatives to to this resort and posted some pictures on social media. My Mother tells me tonight that she has been following these posts of pics and wants to go on vacation there. She means it. She used to take my Sister and I up to Hayward each summer for a couple weeks and says she misses that. She really likes the looks of the cabins, etc at Reugemers. I thought I would look for opinions here. BTW, how is the fishing there? I would take my boat etc.. Thanks all!

michael keehr

I have never been to that resort or any resort on the chain. I do fish it occasionally though. Nice sunnies and crappies to be had, along with walleyes, pike, muskie, bass and catfish. I mainly target panfish there and usually can find some nice enough for a meal.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i grew up in Richmond, a mile from that resort and i cant honestly tell you a thing about it. i know its been in that family for as long as i can remember.

only fish the chain hard water season.

JoeMX1825
    MN

We’ve had a family cabin on the chain for 25 years, I know nothing about the resorts other than they appear to always be very busy. Fishing on the chain is actually really good other than late July/August when their mouths seem to lock likely due to the peak bait availability, fishing then peaks in the fall when they put on the feedbags.

Focus on Cedar Island and Horseshoe lakes fishing weedlines or rocks. It can be a trophy lake for Walleyes and the bass and panfish are good as well, Muskies seem to be thriving now and are becoming more common to catch. If you like channel catfish, its one of the better lakes in the state for them.

EW6

I don’t fish the chain a lot but one thing you should expect is much more green and weedy water than you are probably used to from going up north. Lakes in that area are very fertile due to agriculture run off. Just the way it is. Some of the lakes are cleaner than others and I’m sure they still have nice swimming beaches, just don’t expect crystal clear water or the up north feel. Lots of fish due to them being fertile though. Good pan fishing, lots of catfish and plenty of walleye and bass too. Be prepared to fish weed beds and weed lines.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thanks all.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We stayed at riverside resort. It was nice.

robby
    Quad Cities

We stayed at riverside resort. It was nice.

Thanks
    Anything lacking there?
    Beach for kids?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hmm, I think it was your typical resort beach. A sandy area between some docks.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

there is also a beach/swimming area down cty rd 71. it would be Richmond community park on Teens lake.

i have no idea what its like anymore, i havent been there since my kids where little.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.