Holy cold water…Milwaukee WI

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Was out today for the first time this year out of McKinley from 2-7pm to see how the not so new now rig handles bigger water. Had a great time with a perfect score!!!

0 for 0

Measured around 48-50 in the harbor and out side down to 42 degrees by the filter. Marked some fish by pods of bait fish. Tried jigging on one in the north gap but there is a raging current heading out to the lake. Bait also at main gap. No takers on the FF or magnum spoons on dipsey. Worked water from 30 to 55FOW.

Learned a few things. Amazing how the system of setting up lines don’t work so well when you have a different boat setup.

Tied jigging for a bit but gave up after jigging up trash from the river flow.

Ran into Eric H at the cleaning station with a good mess of salmon from the gaps..

When I launched there where 4 boats. When I pulled out at 700 the lot was almost full…. lots of trollers in the harbor.

I did not see any fish caught.

D

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I hope it was a bit calmer wave wise this morning. I was out last night and could not believe how cold the water was in the harbor and out. 48 when I came into the harbor at 2300 last night, 53 when I headed out. Cold water is everywhere- top to bottom! Just last week Sunday I had to be fishing 60-75 feet down in 120 FOW to find 50s. The fish are stacked near the harbor in close. Now is the time! I went 5 for 7 all hits on fire tiger plugs and fast track jointed minnows. All silver fish. I ran right past them on the way out and headed in rather quickly after deploying the depth raider and seeing 39 degrees down 30 in 60 FOW.
    Sounds like you need another crack at it!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Will be out again soon. I do like driving less than 20 minutes from the home to the Mckinley boat ramp. Somewhat out of practice with the big pond but will bring the boards next time and mix it up. Maybe see ya next time.

Derek

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.