Tough Bite

• col._klink
    St Paul

Spent Sat and Sun on the flowage. Fished around Lions Park. Fished slip bobbers in 20′ caught 6 decent keeper crappies about 2′ off the bottom. That was it for a whole weekend. Trolled cranks. Nothing. Casted the shorline till my arm was ready to fall off for ski’s and bass never had a bite.

First time on the flowage. Beautiful area but man o man is this lake hard to fish????

Any tips??

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Welcome to the lake. My parents have a lake home on the lake. They have had it for 3 years now. We also struggle putting numbers in the boat or duplicating success. Memorial Day we were in the same are and we caught 4 walleyes in the matter of minutes. You can come back the next day and get nothing. We fish that area but typically are a bit shallower. We usually find some smallies, walleyes and panfish by jigging or having bobbers on the weed line. I know a lot of people that try to follow the edge of the old river channel. Like anything location and timing is important. I’ll be going this weekend and I will post a report.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Fishing was tough. Went out Friday night and ended up with 1 13.5 inch walleye trolling in 8 fow. Saturday nothing during the day but my wife and dad both got nice walleyes in the evening one 13.5 and one 16 incher. I only got two redhorse suckers. Nothing on sunday. Will be up a few days this weekend as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.