Hitting Minnetonka Tomorrow

• FinickyFish

Hitting Tonka tomorrow to get the boat in the water for the first time this season and work out any kinks. Gonna take my 3 year old out and try to keep him occupied for hopefully more than an hour with crappie. Plan to just hit Seton or Black unless anyone has any other suggestions. I’ll report back on our luck and water temps.

keppenhiemer
    (507) MN

haha he is 3! perfect age to pick up minnows and let him play with them all day!!!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Plan to just hit Seton or Black unless anyone has any other suggestions.

ive had luck on both the last week or so. better luck on black. in 7-9 ft of water. water has probably warmed up quite a bit since i was out last though so they could be in shallower now

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve caught a fair amount of crappies in the 4-5 foot range the past 5 days. Look for early weed growth.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I’ve caught a fair amount of crappies in the 4-5 foot range the past 5 days. Look for early weed growth.

Even a 48″ crappie would be HUGE, I cant imagine a 5 foot ranger!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Even a 48″ crappie would be HUGE, I cant imagine a 5 foot ranger!

rotflol rotflol Yeah, that’s gotta be some sort of record or something jester jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

LOL I see what I did there.

FinickyFish

Not much to report. Spent more time dinking with the boat and trailer and didn’t venture far from Gray’s Bay. 58.5° in the middle of grays. 60° up in a shallower bay. Got distracted by some carp since I had my bow in the boat, but seemed like every time I’d pick my bow up they’d disappear and as soon as I grabbed a rod they’d reappear. Did manage a blue gill and a bass for the kiddo, but did not snag any crappie. Thank you to everyone for the PMs and pointers.

tim hurley

Gee why would they dissappear with an arrow pointed right at them????

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.