Huh, me workin’ for you”
    Whoa

Sign, sign
    Everywhere a sign
    Blockin’ out the scenery
    Breakin’ my mind
    Do this, don’t do that
    Can’t you read the sign?

As someone who identifies as long haired freaky person, this makes me smile!
    I may just apply – where is this business?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

As someone who identifies a long haired freaky person, this makes me smile!
    I may just apply – where is this business?

Hahahaha! No idea, I stole it off the book of face,,,,,

HRG

Deuces

The second they throw it in a bun…FIRED!!

ThunderLund78

First done by the Five Man Electrical Band and, in my opinion, PERFECTED by the rock band Tesla in their Five Man Acoustical Jam live performance.

Tesla still tours, is amazing live and is one of the most under-rated rock acts of the last 40 years. Their talent exceeded most of the other acts the mid-late 80s and glad to see they had the longevity that many of those bands thankfully did not.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sign’s, sign’s, everywhere signs.

Umy
    South Metro

Probably not many of you that understand the meaning behind this sign,,,,

HRG

I spent most of my time on the Group W bench………….

Umy
    South Metro

Woops, hit submit before I thought – wrong song – was thinking Alice’s restaurant ,- probably post-vaccine fatigue or something……………

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love a good sense of humor

Mike West

Imagine that…me working for you.
    toast applause bow yay peace

eyeguy507
    SE MN

might as well add “long hair freaky people with manbuns”

Brittman

Aaron Rogers … manbun poster child.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

The Hiring shortage is so bad that everyone hired didn’t show up for work on their first day of scheduled work.

matt

There is a hiring shortage/worker shortage so what do the politicians do? They create a 1 trillion dollar plan that creates good paying jobs for american workers.You cant make this stuff up…

castle-rock-clown

Finally after all these years I can get a REAL job!!!

Attachments:
    1. 822251CE-2CFB-4B4C-872E-04946BF235E0-scaled.jpeg

castle-rock-clown

Man buns aside. I remember when I was in my 20s, there were elite manufacturing jobs paying high wages and full benefits…but only IF you could get in. Back then you had to know someone. Other jobs were bare bone wages and the attitude from employers was “you don’t like it? There’s the door. There’s five others willing to take your place”. Now the shoe is on the other foot. After years with the workforce having taxes and inflation outpace the raises, if any, for a net loss, and benefits being cut left and right, the hens are coming to roost. I have no sympathy for business as a whole, they’ve had none for most workers for decades.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Self check-outs, self serve gasoline, $15 per hour wages, have all contributed to the lack of entry level jobs. When the fast food restaurants all cross over to drive thru only or close where are your kids going to learn to work? Entry level jobs are required for both the workforce and the employers.

castle-rock-clown

Help wanted signs all over the place. The baby boom generation is aging out of being in the workforce, it’s called retirement, and they worked their entire adult lives for it. But they still need everything from a McDonalds cheeseburger to a new car. Consumerism is at an all time high, but production is suffering. Too many Queens, not enough worker bees.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Speaking of hiring, my granddaughter on the right, her mom, my daughter on the left at her college grad open house today. She graduated from st cloud state yesterday with a teaching degree and already has a job!! waytogo

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20211218_134408959-scaled.jpg

MX1825

Congrats Glenn and also to your GD! waytogo
    Not near enough teachers right now.
    Hope she loves it. Most schools also have great benefits.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Congrats Glenn and also to your GD! waytogo
    Not near enough teachers right now.
    Hope she loves it. Most schools also have great benefits.

thanks!!!!!!! waytogo waytogo

iowa_josh

We do have a society where manual labor is taught to be the product of misfortune. If we are taught not to value something, we shouldn’t be surprised now those jobs are hard to fill.

LabDaddy1

We do have a society where manual labor is taught to be the product of misfortune. If we are taught not to value something, we shouldn’t be surprised now those jobs are hard to fill.

This is true. But still, where is everybody?? Even gas stations and fast food joints are shutting down earlier and earlier everyday around here because of the shortage. And they are offering like 16-18 an hour now! Also didn’t they stop the stimulus payments a while back now? Just can’t wrap my head around it

Reef W

This is true. But still, where is everybody?? Even gas stations and fast food joints are shutting down earlier and earlier everyday around here because of the shortage. And they are offering like 16-18 an hour now! Also didn’t they stop the stimulus payments a while back now? Just can’t wrap my head around it

I think it’s because not as many people are workimg multiple jobs anymore. Partially because if wages are higher they don’t need to anymore and partially because people have reevaluated their priorities in the last year.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Speaking of hiring, my granddaughter on the right, her mom, my daughter on the left at her college grad open house today. She graduated from st cloud state yesterday with a teaching degree and already has a job!! waytogo

Congrats Glenn, my daughter is close to celebrating her 2-year anniversary as a special-ed teacher. Now her school is offering a $10K signing bonus!

HRG

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

Congrats Glenn, my daughter is close to celebrating her 2-year anniversary as a special-ed teacher. Now her school is offering a $10K signing bonus!

HRG

waytogo waytogo peace

castle-rock-clown

A lot of professional women have found out how wonderful it is to stay home with your kids…just like mom did post WW2 era. Jobs are paying more, and dads are able to provide better too. To me that’s kind of the way it should be instead of strangers and teachers are raising your kids while mom and dad work insane hours. Bring on the technology and robots to fill the mundane repetitive jobs.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t see how automated ordering kiosks at fast food joints and self serve checkouts are doing anything to create good workers.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Either that or people have found out how much they can make staying home. A family of 5 can get the equivalent of $40,000 a year government programs by staying home and no child care. Plus they can get up to $3,600 per child under 6 years old and $3,000 for ages 7 to 17 advance tax credits add that to the other programs heck of a good living for doing nothing plus healthcare. Who would work with everything covered.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.