Help with hotel info and location

• brentbullets

Not real familiar with the cities, looking to maybe book a room at the Embassy Suites Minneapolis North. Address is 6300 Earle Brown Drive, Brooklyn Center. Wife is nervous because of the “North”. Is this a bad area? Going boat shopping at TBC and want things to be pleasant and her not to be nervous. She is OK with the boat shopping and is actually excited.

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

Perfect spot if you’re looking for prostitutes.

Try something in Plymouth or Maple Grove.

brentbullets

Don’t think the wife would be up for that.

Thanks

Deuces

Is this first hand knowledge or painting a broad stroke of Mpls?

I’ve been to a few weddings there, last fall was latest, stayed there every time and it’s a very nice hotel.

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>greig john wrote:</div>

Is this first hand knowledge or painting a broad stroke of Mpls?

I’ve been to a few weddings there, last fall was latest, stayed there every time and it’s a very nice hotel.

Just being silly, mostly.
    I used to bowl league at Earle Brown.

I still think Maple Grove would make the wife feel a bit better.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I’ve been there a few times for weddings and can’t say I agree with negative comments. Close to where u need to go.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

It’s fine and a fine area. Just west of there at the shops of Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove is a good choice too. Tons of hotels and a lot of food choices.

Straight up 169 to TBC from either!

Reef W

The hotel is perfectly fine and right on the highway. For eating though there isn’t much around it. 50s Grill is good, try that maybe. Maple Grove has any kind of restaurant you want it that is a concern.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

There’s a few nice hotels in Elk River…Country Inn and Suites, Holiday Inn, etc., reasonable price too.

Elk River is just a short drive down Hwy 10 to the Boat Center in Ramsay plus unlimited dining along the way. Much closer than Maple Grove and Brooklyn Center and it’s a “quiet neighborhood” comparatively.

BTW, care to share the boat you’re considering?

BDR

I live in that area. I would look @ maple grove also. The hotel may be ok, but dining and everything else is not good.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There’s a few nice hotels in Elk River…Country Inn and Suites, Holiday Inn, etc., reasonable price too.

Elk River is just a short drive down Hwy 10 to the Boat Center in Ramsay plus unlimited dining along the way. Much closer than Maple Grove and Brooklyn Center and it’s a “quiet neighborhood” comparatively.

Ditto.

blackbay
    mn

I’d definitely look to the Otsego/Elk River area or Rogers rather than BC.

Deuces

50s grill! Great food. Hamburger steak supreme is ridiculously good. Old fashioned malts.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

If you dont like traffic stay away from Maple Grove! I grew up there. What was once corn fields and gravel pits have become parking lots and chain restaurants. Lots of chain options and shopping though if that would make the wife happy. Really most of the suburbs have many options

mojogunter

I have fished in both and do not own either. If you fish big water hands down I prefer the 208. It isn’t even close. I am not slamming the 2200 it is a nice boat, but for me the 208 would be my choice. If I were buying a warrior I am rarely in the front and I would buy a 203. I like the room in the back although I have never fished in a 203.

V208 or WX2200

Thanks all for replies.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Country Inn & Suites in Albertville right next to the Outlet Mall

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

50s grill! Great food. Hamburger steak supreme is ridiculously good. Old fashioned malts.

I believe @sliderfishn still works there.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

Retired about 2.5 years ago from there, 27 years of being the kitchen manager was enough..

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

Retired about 2.5 years ago from there, 27 years of being the kitchen manager was enough..

Wow, that’s fantastic. We’ve been going there for a long time. Great job over the years. I typically restrain myself from buying out all the chocolate chip cookies when I leave to pay the bill.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Hell, sleep in your truck! Focus on the boat, man! rotflol rotflol

brentbullets

Hell, sleep in your truck! Focus on the boat, man! rotflol rotflol

Nope ain’t sleeping in truck.

How’s the Minneapolis Marriott in Brooklyn Park? I have reservations there and the Hampton in Maple Grove. Which one should I cancel? Prefer to stay at the Marriott if the location is good.

Focus on boat is a given however I am not towing current boat up to trade at this time.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

The Marriot is ok, neighborhood not so much.
    Hampton is newer, in a much nicer neighborhood, much better food choices for you and the mrs.

Bringing Dean some of the peanut butter cookies from the 50s grill may help with negotiations.. whistling
    I watch Dean once chase and yell at BK because he thought Brian was stealing his cookies that I brought to him. rotflol

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.