Help me decide

• Justin Karriker

These are always fun…

Spend $100 at Cabelas by Tuesday, in store.

Got $50 in gift cards, $20 in Cabelas bucks that ends 12/31/15 and a $20 off $100 purchase promotion that ends Tuesday. Figured I’d throw $10 at my gift cards and Cabelas bucks and cash in on the $20 off $100 promotion.

Basically need ice fishing tackle. Would like to chase walleyes, but also panfish around the metro. I have panfish jig bodies that I’m sure will work, but open to suggestion on all.

Always fun spending others money and getting input on how to spend yours lol.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Walleye’s- slender spoons Vmc tingler’s. panfish Vmc pug bugs and plastics as well as there new ice flys, lots of nice new stuff on the shelf to tickle anyone’s fancy

Michael Boyack

I was just at Cabela’s today. Most of the ice tackle was on sale. Picked up a few small tingler’s. I would recommend going sooner rather than later to get better selection.

Justin Karriker

Seems I can’t go wrong with those Slinder spoons…any particular variety of color or size? Understand if that’s taboo to ask or give up, and that it can change lake to lake and day to day.

As far as plastics, I feel confident I’ve got that covered already, but may pick up a few odds and ends.

Could use some tungstens though.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

A good start would be 1/4 and 1/8ths in the slender’ gold/green gold/white silver/red to name a few

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

RIPPIN RAPS. Can never have enough, especially since I have a knack for snagging then in the river. Thats what I would do if I had to blow a $100 at cabelas.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Rippin Raps are on sale at Cabelas. waytogo

patk
    Nisswa, MN

If I remember right you’re new to ice fishing. For walleye/pike add a tip up to your basic setup. There’s some personal preference over the board style or the thermal. If you get the board then get the foam hole cover.

Pretty normal for me to drill a set of holes. Set a tip up on one then use the others for hole hopping with my flasher.

For what to put underneath go search for a thread with “deadstick” in it from a couple weeks back. Some really good stuff in there.

Justin Karriker

Thanks for the tips. Looking as if tomorrow is a snow day, so I’ll head over tomorrow.

Too tired today, had to climb the same 70ft ash tree three times today. Took it out of me.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Was there today. Spent $105 came to $85 after the promo and I handed them a $100 gift card. I figure they owe me after all the money I throw at them. I would go now if you are looking for rippin raps. They had about 6 left.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.