HELP! Deleted everything!!!

• Andrew Rice

Yup, I was messing around with my Helix 5 G2 and I deleted all of my waypoints and tracks. Am I SOL or is there anyway to recover them?

Been a rough couple days, first got car stuck in driveway so I took truck to work. Then I knocked over minnow bucket and water soaked into the truck’s carpet and then this today.

A little good news would be okay.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Unless you had a backup on a SD card sorry you are Shi-t out of luck, as far as I know.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Sorry they’re gone.

That can be a good thing. Reduces the chance you’ll “fish memories”.

I wipe mine regularly. At least 8x annually.

Andrew Rice

What I’ll really miss is my tracks. I use the Helix 5 exclusively on my snowmobile and it was nice to be able to glance down and make sure I heading back the way I came. Cuz you know 5 minutes after you ride in the wind kicks up and covers your tracks.

CaptainMusky

What I’ll really miss is my tracks.

A buddy has a new bird and his tracks disappear all the time. Not sure what his issue is. We have an annual trip out of Sioux Narrows and there is sketchy navigating much of the way on our 20 mile boat ride in. Each of the last 3 years since he bought that new Bird his tracks have been gone when we came back up.
    They must be overwriting or something. I tell him to let me look at his settings, but he is too stubborn.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Andrew Rice wrote:</div>

A buddy has a new bird and his tracks disappear all the time. Not sure what his issue is. We have an annual trip out of Sioux Narrows and there is sketchy navigating much of the way on our 20 mile boat ride in. Each of the last 3 years since he bought that new Bird his tracks have been gone when we came back up.
    They must be overwriting or something. I tell him to let me look at his settings, but he is too stubborn.

If you dont save a route they will delete themselves and start over, at least my 788 and 1199 do.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

did you check for operator headspace and timing errors?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I don’t know what the helix 5 does, but my bigger screens allow you to change how your tracks are made. These changes impact how much track can be on the unit before it over writes them.
    If I recall correctly it can be set to an increment of seconds or an increment of distance. I believe I use distance to use the lesser data and have more track.

Especially since on a sled your likely running many miles. You won’t need much track accuracy (data points per minutes or number of feet).

Again, no experience with the 5’s but that is what it is like on the big screens.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I do not have that unit but my 1198 and my Helix 12 will not wipe any tracks unless I physically do it in the menu.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I do not have that unit but my 1198 and my Helix 12 will not wipe any tracks unless I physically do it in the menu.

They’ll overwrite the current track if you never”save” the track.
    Any saved tracks or waypoints you must intentionally delete, or accidently like the op.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Andrew Rice wrote:</div>

I fished the narrows last year and I would be screwed if I lost my tracks on that 20 mile boat ride back to camp in the dark. Also glad I had a spotlight on that trip. probably would have gone the way of the titanic without those two things

Andrew Rice

It’s called track point interval 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 second intervals are the choices. For me on the snowmobile it’s handy to know where I crossed pressure ridges and where the trails are if its a white out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.