Helix Ice Conversion

• brandmoney

As you guys may know, the prices across the ice fishing industry this year is nothing short of absurd. The crown jewel of this is definitely the new Ice Helix conversion kit, which retails at $410 WITHOUT A BATTERY AND CHARGER.

Anyways, I have a helix 7 G2 that I want to convert to use for ice fishing. I’m piecing together a shuttle for it, but I just want to make sure that I’m buying everything that I need. Please let me know if there’s anything else I’m forgetting.
    Here’s my shopping list so far:

Battery/Charger ~$130
    HB ice Transducer ~100
    Shuttle ~$60

I know that I probably need a power cord of some kind, but I’m not exactly sure what to buy as far as that goes. Any help is appreciated.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Here’s how I did mine. I really thought the Genz box allows it to be much more customized. Hope this helps or gives you a couple ideas maybe.

curleytail

Their power cables are cheap enough that it’s probably worth getting one for the ice rig vs cutting it out of your boat and swapping back and forth.

I think your list is good. I also used a blue Genz Box and added a transducer cord hanger and 2 rod holders from Bass Khang and liked it last year.

If you want to do it, start looking for a transducer asap. If you want the newest version they were very rare last year. I ended up buying a used one in February as no new ones were available. I think the CHIRP ducer is the 1521 model if I remember correctly.

Aboxy17

I was looking at those and was shocked 400 for just the shuttle and transducer on the 7 correct? I picked up the Garmin Echomap 73cv ice bundle for just $699. It is the cheapest model compatible with panoptix vs if you want to buy the Helix 7 compatible with mega live it will cost you almost $1000 for the helix 7 G4 ice kit. Humminbird has really bumped up prices. I remember when a Helix 7 ice kit was $600 only 2 years ago.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was looking at those and was shocked 400 for just the shuttle and transducer on the 7 correct? I picked up the Garmin Echomap 73cv ice bundle for just $699. It is the cheapest model compatible with panoptix vs if you want to buy the Helix 7 compatible with mega live it will cost you almost $1000 for the helix 7 G4 ice kit. Humminbird has really bumped up prices. I remember when a Helix 7 ice kit was $600 only 2 years ago.

That’s why you go with the Genz Box. $90 for the transducer, $15 for the power cable and $30 for the Genz box. It’s stupid how expensive the big brand ice shuttles are.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Go with the Genz box.

Aboxy17

That’s why you go with the Genz Box. $90 for the transducer, $15 for the power cable and $30 for the Genz box. It’s stupid how expensive the big brand ice shuttles are.

That is just such a rip off I don’t know how you can charge that much for just the plain shuttle, ducer and cables. At that point just go with one of those cool custom ice shuttles. I was looking at Tacti Grip custom ice shuttles check out what you get for only a $150 value tops for the livescope shuttles and $120 for the regular models. I saw these at the ice show last year. USB ports, voltage meter, glow cup, rod holders.https://tactigripfishing.com/product/shuttle

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

If you’re in the mood to build yourself a shuttle, here are a lot of examples from guys on this site that have built their own.
    DIY Helix Ice Shuttles

Charles

And there sold out already lol!

Justin riegel

They are back available, better buy while you can.

Justin riegel

aaaaaaaaaaaand they are gone again, hopefully my order will be shipped

Matthew Craig

If anyone is looking for the Xi 1521 transducer, (L&M fleet Supply in Virginia, MN) had quite a few last week. Not sure if they’re on the website or not.

Hookset
    Southern MN

Hodges Marine supply just shipped my xi9 1521 today. I order it back in August, fingers crossed it shows up!

Wardcst

As you guys may know, the prices across the ice fishing industry this year is nothing short of absurd. The crown jewel of this is definitely the new Ice Helix conversion kit, which retails at $410 WITHOUT A BATTERY AND CHARGER.

Anyways, I have a helix 7 G2 that I want to convert to use for ice fishing. I’m piecing together a shuttle for it, but I just want to make sure that I’m buying everything that I need. Please let me know if there’s anything else I’m forgetting.

Battery/Charger ~$130
    HB ice Transducer ~100
    Shuttle ~$60

I know that I probably need a power cord of some kind, but I’m not exactly sure what to buy as far as that goes. Any help is appreciated.

Battery/Charger ~$130
    HB ice Transducer ~100
    Shuttle ~$60

or you could get this shuttle.

https://www.outdoority.com/fish-finders-and-accessories/55175-ice-ptc-unb2-xi91521-fb.html

adam borgstahl

Id recommend either a Basskhang shuttle or the Tacti Grip shuttle. You would need the PC 11 Power cord, you can get clips at a hardware store or online to use with battery. I use the amped outdoors lithium batteries on mine. I have also thrown one onto the marcum lithium shuttle (about $230 with battery). With the marcum you just need the power adapter and a ram mount. I have been 3D printing my own accessories, like rod holders, tackle holders that will hold the tackle boxes from my scheels case. Have fun with it!

Matthew Sandys

I put mine on the Marcum lithium shuttle. I have an adapter to get it higher so you can plug the charger in. If you want one let me know.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.