Helix 7 on lithium shuttle

• johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Has anyone mounted a Helix 7 on a lithium shuttle pack? Trying to figure out the best way to mount my helix unit for ice fishing. I would like it to fit in one of the soft cases also.

Ice Cap

I had mine mounted on one and it still fit in the original soft case. I sold it this fall and bought the Helix 7 gen 3. Decided just to buy the Amped Outdoors 12ah lithium battery rather than another shuttle.

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

I did it last season. You’ll need the marcum adapter cable and slight modification to gimbal bracket.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

My Genz box has been great. Cost $100 ($75 was the transducer) to make and I use an amped outdoors lithium battery as well.

Attachments:
    1. EFAD87A1-A010-4685-AD2C-602A344CDB2F.jpeg

kraut

I mounted one on a Lithium Shuttle last year. I tapped new holes in the humminbird mounting bracket to match the holes on the shuttle. They also make an adapter for the Humminbird power cord. Just put a couple of crimp style wire joints on and haven’t had any issues. I have run into the issue that the battery reading on the helix unit is off. I find the battery reading on the shuttle to be much more accurate. I don’t have a soft case so I can’t speak to it fitting into one.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0748.jpg

2. IMG_0747.jpg

3. IMG_0746.jpg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I mounted one on a Lithium Shuttle last year. I tapped new holes in the humminbird mounting bracket to match the holes on the shuttle. They also make an adapter for the Humminbird power cord. Just put a couple of crimp style wire joints on and haven’t had any issues. I have run into the issue that the battery reading on the helix unit is off. I find the battery reading on the shuttle to be much more accurate. I don’t have a soft case so I can’t speak to it fitting into one.

Not sure if this is what you ran into Kraut but when I bought my Amped Outdoors lithium battery the owner said that the battery meters on many of the flashers on the market read full power with lithium batts all the way until the battery can’t power the unit anymore.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

I find the battery reading on the shuttle to be much more accurate.

There was a discussion about that previously but the bottom line is the standard battery level meters do not measure correctly with a lithium battery. I trust the one on the shuttle and ignore the one on the Helix 7. Love the shuttle and the built in USB ports. They work great for powering the Aqua Vu or charging the cell phone.

Still looking for a soft case for it. If anyone has found one that works for the shuttle with a Helix 7 please let me know.

Ice Cap

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    I find the battery reading on the shuttle to be much more accurate.

Still looking for a soft case for it. If anyone has found one that works for the shuttle with a Helix 7 please let me know.

You may have missed it in my original post but the soft case that came with my Helix 7 Ice fit it just fine with the Marcum Shuttle on it.

papaperch

I have done several. Mostly for friends a few for resale. I didn’t bother using the Marcum power adapter. 39.95 is gouging as far as I am concerned.

Was rather easy to open cut power wires and solder in a Humminbird power lead. This will void your one year warranty. None of the units I have converted have had any problems.

I will not be doing any more in this fashion. As lithium power is now more economical than in the past. A 10 or 12 AH battery and charger is well within anyone’s budget. As others have mentioned Amped outdoors sells great options.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.