Helix 7 not reading lake master chip

• Jeff K

Need some help. For some reason, when I install the micro as card on my helix 7, I cannot find it on the chart list. Its just showing humminbird Basemap and UNIMap. It still shows up in my 597. What am I doing wrong? Is there something in the settings?

Jeff K

Update. After a couple more beers and head scratching, I took the SD card out of the 597 and back into the helix 7, put it on auto map, and it came up! But none of my saved waypoints are with it? Are they saved to the unit only and not the card? Oh well, at least it’s showing up now, I’ll take it!

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Waypoints are saved to the unit, not the card.

waypoints are always saved on the head unit not the card. When you sell a unit make sure to download to a card and delete all waypoint to clear the unit for the next owner.

Jeff K

If I save the waypoints to a card, can I then save them to the new unit? Newbie here, sorry about all the questions. I’d so how’s it done?

reddog

Export nav data from old unit to a empty card.( not your mapping chip). Insert it in new unit and follow prompts. (Import nav data)

Jeff K

Thanks reddog! I’ll give it a shot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.